Proposal: Wings/Jets

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Thorburnt

Jul 16, 2015
MTS Centre
Valuewise it seems pretty alright, but the Jets aren't looking for quantity + futures atm, especially wingers, so for us its basically turns into Trouba for a lesser top 4 D. If Dekeyser was expansion exempt it would be a little more enticing, but even then we still have a surplus of wingers. In reality I think the only way Detroit could get Trouba would be with Larkin (obviously off the table), an offer sheet, or some crazy three-way trade. We don't make great trading partners, unfortunately.

jimmyemery

Dec 20, 2014
Playing EHM, as the Wings, and seeing if I could land Trouba. So this is what I offered. Tell me if you, would do it, think it is fair to either side, or who got screwed if anyone.

Danny Dekeyser
Evgeny Svechnikov
Teemu Pulkinnen
2017 1st Rounder
Giving up dekeyser would just create another hole in our top 4.
Trouba has the higher upside and value for sure, but this kind of seems like a sideways move to me.
Especially since we're giving up a first and svech, but this is just my opinion so it could work. Idk.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
DeKeyser is nice, but not enough for Trouba. Jets don't really need more wingers.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Value favors Winnipeg, but they dont need wingers and, even though Dekeyser looks nice, I really dont see any reason that Winnipeg would need to accept this. I would switch out Svechnikov for AA, and then maybe reduce the pick to a 2nd. Also, I do not really think Detroit would want to overpay for Trouba, but I think a deal like AA + DD + 2nd for Trouba would be more reasonable. Winnipeg gets a good, young center who could potentially play in their top 6, a defenseman, who, even though is not as good as Trouba, can do a fine job, and a pick, and Detroit gets their long sought after top pairing defenseman

Last edited:

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
From Wings side, what if you remove Svech, or the 1st from the deal?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
OP is likely overpayment for Trouba when comparing value in a bubble, but Jets are down grading their D for wingers we don't need. We cannot convert those wingers into better D equal to Trouba, that's why young D like Trouba are rarely traded when compared to wingers. Plus D get older with Danny. I wouldn't be overly excited about the trade but not the worse I've seen either. But ideally we sign Trouba to a fair long term contract and keep him. We have loads of forward prospects.

PensFan6687

Mar 15, 2009
Playing EHM, as the Wings, and seeing if I could land Trouba. So this is what I offered. Tell me if you, would do it, think it is fair to either side, or who got screwed if anyone.

Danny Dekeyser
Evgeny Svechnikov
Teemu Pulkinnen
2017 1st Rounder

As a Winnipeg Jets season ticket holder I say no, because I would feel sorry for the Red Wings if they make this trade and it may sever any future chances we have of a trading partner there. Plus the Jets already fleeced the Sabres on that Evander Kane deal... so we will be viewed as the king vulture of the league. Teams will back off and say, stay away from dealing with the Jets.... they are fleece brewing witches out there!

StevenDean

Jun 27, 2016

Danny Dekeyser
Evgeny Svechnikov
Teemu Pulkinnen
2017 1st Rounder

Pretty extreme value to give up but this or something similar to this would be the cost. Maybe take out Pulkinnen to even it out a bit.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Pretty easy no for the Wings, this is way too much...

Yeah, I thought so too, just seeing what the game would accept and then thought, let's see what HF has to say about it.

I ended up, in game, going with:

Trouba

for

Dekeyser
Svechnikov
Pulkkinen
2017 3rd

Jets Accepted.

Still a bit high probably, but did it anyway.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
That's a good value for TROUBA but if trouba is going, it needs
to be a Left shot D with similar potential or value. Expansion exempt.

Proposal for Trouba can't be quantity for quality.

Thanks

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Giving up way too much for Trouba from the Wings perspective. For the Jets it makes them a worse team now (maybe just a little) but probably better in the future especially considering how many valuable assets they get in the deal, even wingers aren't team needs.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
No. While the package is great, we need defensive upgrades. Not a downgrade at defense for a forward upgrade.

Enough with these "we'll throw in a dman and some F pieces". We need the best piece to be a Dman, one who is the same age or younger.

Yeah, I thought so too, just seeing what the game would accept and then thought, let's see what HF has to say about it.

I ended up, in game, going with:

Trouba

for

Dekeyser
Svechnikov
Pulkkinen
2017 3rd

Jets Accepted.

Still a bit high probably, but did it anyway.

We don't need Pulkkinen, we don't need Svechnikov, we don't need a 2017 3rd.

We need defense.

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
Duh. The difference between Trouba and Dekeyser isn't one of the Wings best prospects and a first though.

The Jets need quality defencemen, not good winger prospects. Even though you are right, it still makes it a bad proposal for both Winnipeg and Detroit.

The Jets get worse at the position they need to get better. Therefore they say no.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
No. While the package is great, we need defensive upgrades. Not a downgrade at defense for a forward upgrade.

Enough with these "we'll throw in a dman and some F pieces". We need the best piece to be a Dman, one who is the same age or younger.

We don't need Pulkkinen, we don't need Svechnikov, we don't need a 2017 3rd.

We need defense.

OK relax please! It is just a trade proposal, not life or death, and just for fun. Also, the first trade proposal I have ever posted, so no need for panty bunching!

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Value favors Winnipeg, but they dont need wingers and, even though Dekeyser looks nice, I really dont see any reason that Winnipeg would need to accept this. I would switch out Svechnikov for AA, and then maybe reduce the pick to a 2nd. Also, I do not really think Detroit would want to overpay for Trouba, but I think a deal like AA + DD + 2nd for Trouba would be more reasonable. Winnipeg gets a good, young center who could potentially play in their top 6, a defenseman, who, even though is not as good as Trouba, can do a fine job, and a pick, and Detroit gets their long sought after top pairing defenseman

Reasonable won't get it done. The op seems to be an overpay, but most of those pieces aren't things the Jets need.

That said, I would take the op's offer and try and flip some of those assets for another d immediately. The value's just too high.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
OK relax please! It is just a trade proposal, not life or death, and just for fun. Also, the first trade proposal I have ever posted, so no need for panty bunching!

Fun is fine, i'm simply stating needs for the Jets, as most of the Trouba proposals revolve around a F.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad