Windsor Spitfires 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

4 Bobby ORR

Nov 26, 2008
South Detroit
1730129313346.png

Good to see the Spits getting their accolades. Well deserved.

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
Jack Nesbitt with his play of late ,his 15 points in 12 games puts him in 2nd point scoring wise tied with Ilya Protas, he also leads team in the winning goal category with 3.
Should note last year in 50 games played he had none.
Interesting with Windsor leading the league with 10 wins,point leaders from last year Greentree and Abraham have yet to register a game winner,besides Nesbitt,Morneau has 2 game winners,Protas 1,Davis 1,Walton 1,Spellacy 1 and Garden 1.
Scoring depth with this team so far has to the team's record combined with a commitment to team play,responsible D and solid goaltending from Joey Costanzo.
Keep up the good work boys.
Everyone will exceed last year's GWG total. The team needed to win for a player to get a GWG. LOL

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I sure hope sitting in 1st Bowler doesn't get caught up in an arms race. Hoping he sits out one more year on the sideline and then next year puts all his chips in the pot. Too many better teams this year that will be loaded by Jan 10th . Really needs to read the room so to speak.

Reactions: OHLTG and windsor7

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
I sure hope sitting in 1st Bowler doesn't get caught up in an arms race. Hoping he sits out one more year on the sideline and then next year puts all his chips in the pot. Too many better teams this year that will be loaded by Jan 10th . Really needs to read the room so to speak.
You can't sit idle either with potentially losing Greentree and Protas for next year if you are in the hunt cone deadline. If he adds a D or 2 that will return next year at a reasonable price and or upgrade Eichler for a better import D I'm happy and say go for it. Depth on D is still soft if we have a couple of injuries and we need to sort out who is the backup goalie come January. Froggett or Newlove. JC will need some rest if we plan on going deep run and can't maintain a 1st place spot if only winninh 2 of 3 games a weekend down the stretch.

Reactions: OHLTG

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
You can't sit idle either with potentially losing Greentree and Protas for next year if you are in the hunt cone deadline. If he adds a D or 2 that will return next year at a reasonable price and or upgrade Eichler for a better import D I'm happy and say go for it. Depth on D is still soft if we have a couple of injuries and we need to sort out who is the backup goalie come January. Froggett or Newlove. JC will need some rest if we plan on going deep run and can't maintain a 1st place spot if only winninh 2 of 3 games a weekend down the stretch.
I agree but I'm more worried about getting a one and done player, but if a 2 year player comes in, especially on D, l'm all in for that.

Reactions: Cherrydon

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Will the 3 kids going to the U17 worlds be playing against the Soo, on wednesday?

I'm honestly not sure. I was under the impression they were going Thurs or Fri, but I've seen posts suggesting otherwise.

As for the arms race - The East is loading up, but Bowler still has time to figure out how they hold up against those teams. I don't see a blockbuster but adding an 05 or 06 D wouldn't be a bad thing.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Rankings are no different than the NHL/NFL power rankings, NCAA rankings, it is all eye candy until the teams actually play the contest and the Victor maintains their ranking or has dethroned a higher ranked team. Regardless of the actual ranking position, it does provide a list of the better performing teams presently in the league.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
They should do what Brantford did last year. They sold but added to build up for this year. When they did that they probably didn't think Vanacker would be out until Christmas. They still haven't gotten Jiricek yet. They have questions to answer on D from the perspective that they can win games now. If they want to make a playoff run Eichler/Winegard aren't moving the needle and Hicks is an 08. So if they're improving the D it has to be beyond this year because Mathurin is gone and they need a plan for Manzo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad