Windsor Spitfires 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
2-2 after 20. Windsor up 17-7 in shots, I believe. Not a great start but they're really pressing the net and trying to create chances that way.

For whatever it's worth - YourTV has audio that's going in-and-out while Beller sounds like he's broadcasting from under water on AM800. I'm guessing it's internet connections or something on Brampton's end.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
2-2 after 20. Windsor up 17-7 in shots, I believe. Not a great start but they're really pressing the net and trying to create chances that way.

For whatever it's worth - YourTV has audio that's going in-and-out while Beller sounds like he's broadcasting from under water on AM800. I'm guessing it's internet connections or something on Brampton's end.
Well still nothing on the CHL app. Disappointed as I can't watch tomorrow, apparently turkey with family is more important, lol. On to Monday I guess. Hope it's a good game to watch.

SpitfireHabs1

Dec 3, 2021
Southern Ontario
Confirmed internet issues in Brampton.
Its back up and running

Organization is a dumpsterfire (not the team on the ice). The Arizona coyotes of the OHL, I will give it 5 years at most and they will be relocated again. That organization cant get it right in Brampton, it just wont work, that building should be sold out in the GTA. really no excuse in 2024 with the broadcast, get your shit together and put the game on tv. everthing should have been tested well prior to puckdrop.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Yes up and running now. What happened to Davis?

Something to do with his arm/wrist? He went off in pain.
Its back up and running

Organization is a dumpsterfire (not the team on the ice). The Arizona coyotes of the OHL, I will give it 5 years at most and they will be relocated again. That organization cant get it right in Brampton, it just wont work, that building should be sold out in the GTA. really no excuse in 2024 with the broadcast, get your shit together and put the game on tv. everthing should have been tested well prior to puckdrop.

I get the attendance; it's always been like that in the GTA. But, the TV/internet issues shouldn't happen.

Reactions: SpitfireHabs1

Travis Bickle 77

Feb 11, 2020
Its back up and running

Agreed! I can see this team moved to Hamilton when all the construction at the Hamilton arena is done. Steelheads have a great team and it's really sad to see all the empty seats here tonight

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
I am not surprised there aren't many fans, the Battalion built a fan base and community in Brampton and then moved to North Bay and now that community is expected to be fans of a rival team who took over their town. It's weird man.

Nice game from the Spits, I loved the Spellacy goal. He just took it to the house at top speed with no regard for the goalie's or his own health. Good games from Protas and Woodall among others. Costanzo could have been better on some goals, but he did make a few key saves at various points.

Its a great sign when a team plays this well from behind, they just keep grinding away. The fish were supposed to be hot stuff but they just got dummied on home ice in convincing fashion. Bowler is going to go for it this year isn't he? You saw the article in the Windsor Star, we're going for it now for sure.

Reactions: Cherrydon

SpitfireHabs1

Dec 3, 2021
Southern Ontario
3-3 after 40 isn't a bad game at all.

I don't know what MacDonnell said or did to Cristoforo at the end of the period, but if Cristo is throwing a solid right and yelling back...
Think he might have had his chain snached off his neck, nice to see some snarl forsure from him. Lots of things needed to round out his gme and a little grit is needed. He was solid tonight other then the third Brampton goal where he was lost in the crease.

Some things to critique and tidy up but ultimately a solid gritty win and will take the two points and head for Pennsylvania. Joey was solid enough to get us the win tonight and that's all you can ask for some games, solid Steelheads squad over there.

Hope Brampton can figure it out, but gotta preach to the masses there and has to be the right ownership and gameplan to work in that area. Horrible broadcast camera, happy thats the only time the Spitfires will be in Brampton this season.

Hope to see it continue tomorrow, i know in past teams Walters likes to run his starting goalies for lots of games, which im not against it if its working. Wonder if Froggett gets the nod tomorrow. Need to stay on top of it and not get complacent after a great start, this is the time to pick up lots of points in the standings that could be needed down the stretch.

Solid Game!!!
GO Spits!!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad