Windsor Spitfires 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
Spellacy has been returned to the Spitfires.
I don’t want to say I was worried… but I was getting a little nervous. Quite an extended look from a 3rd Round selection.

Never would’ve put money on him staying up longer than Greentree, although the team drafted to makes a big difference.

Seemed last year like Spellacy had a lot of tools and just needed to become an expert in using them. Excited to see what he’s picked up and brings back to the O.

I always get a bit confused on when they’re AHL eligible. I know it’s not this year, but are the 06 crop required to the OHL or NHL rules in 25-26? Or can they be AHL bound?

Belchetz & Spellacy as PK guys may get us to lead the league in shorties

KyGuy9

Sep 7, 2012
I don’t want to say I was worried… but I was getting a little nervous. Quite an extended look from a 3rd Round selection.

Never would’ve put money on him staying up longer than Greentree, although the team drafted to makes a big difference.

Seemed last year like Spellacy had a lot of tools and just needed to become an expert in using them. Excited to see what he’s picked up and brings back to the O.

I always get a bit confused on when they’re AHL eligible. I know it’s not this year, but are the 06 crop required to the OHL or NHL rules in 25-26? Or can they be AHL bound?

No AHL option for the 06 crop next year, it's NHL or OHL. Only exception for 19-year old players was during the COVID year for those who reached a certain number of AHL games played (ex. Foudy)

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR

If drafted out of the OHL the CHL transfer agreement kicks in. He either had to make Chicago or return to the Spits.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Little bird told me they love everything about him. Just giving him more development time but yes he was comin back. Hes got a very bright future ahead of him! He could be this years huge break out…

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Little bird told me they love everything about him. Just giving him more development time but yes he was comin back. Hes got a very bright future ahead of him! He could be this years huge break out…
Windsor could have a lot of offense this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad