Windsor Spitfires 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LeafsFan18

Go Leafs Go
Aug 18, 2009
Windsor
I believe these games for Hicks do not count towards the 10 game B card limit when you have a player off at NHL camp. Same if a player is at WJC. Liklely why it has been quiet on Windbiel's status.
Do we know for sure that only three 16 year olds can play once the player(s) from NHL camp returns?

I quickly looked at the OHL rules but can’t seem to find anything on this topic? Does anyone know if this information is listed somewhere in the OHL rules or on their website?

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Do we know for sure that only three 16 year olds can play once the player(s) from NHL camp returns?

I quickly looked at the OHL rules but can’t seem to find anything on this topic? Does anyone know if this information is listed somewhere in the OHL rules or on their website?
You can roster 4 play and more if you acquire a 1 or more 16 yr first rounder at the trade deadline window for that. Belchetz, Garden, Lemieux, Hicks already playing. Hicks I presume is on a B card until he reaches 10 more games after Spellacy is returned.

Reactions: LeafsFan18

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Richardson said that Spellacy will be returned to the minors but did not say when, obviously after surviving the latest roster cuts. Articles talking about how rare a 3rd round pick to still be with the team in his draft year is quite extraordinary. Most on here recognized his Athleticism is outstanding and can't be taught. I'LL bet he makes a regular NHL starter before 80 % of those drafted ahead of him do and sticks. Congratulations Mr AJ!!

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Just watched the Bowler interview from Saturday night and he said Windbeil will be suiting up for LaSalle this year. So the rules about US players is really murky for me now.
Windbiel is listed in the Vipers roster now.More needle in the haystack rules hard to find. Hockey Canada says a "custodial parent must reside in Canada " is that a billet? Lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: ohloutsider

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Windbiel is listed in the Vipers roster now.More needle in the haystack rules hard to find. Hockey Canada says a "custodial parent must reside in Canada " is that a billet? Lol.
Max Brocklehurst has been going through the same process as Windbiel as he is ticketed for La Salle,Windsor's 2nd 16 year old to play there this season,being born outside the province Nova Scotia probably the reason for his delay.
La Salle is getting 2 excellent prospects when said and done.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Max Brocklehurst has been going through the same process as Windbiel as he is ticketed for La Salle,Windsor's 2nd 16 year old to play there this season,being born outside the province Nova Scotia probably the reason for his delay.
La Salle is getting 2 excellent prospects when said and done.
Brocklehurst is apparently exempt because his father played in the OHL which grants his eligibility. Being Canadian born likely less of a paperwork issue than Windbiel but probably a "transfer " request needed to be stamped by the hockey Canada or the Obtario hockey federation.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Again while it's early on in the schedule Spits only team in the league to have 2-16 year old rookies in the top 9 for league scoring Belchetz 8 Pts,6G,2A,Lemieux 2G,3A,5 Pts,in fact the top 24 in scoring, and what's even more impressive the Spits 4 16 year old rookies adding Garden and Hicks to the mix they both have 2 points each,Garden 1 and 1,Hicks 2A, combined Spits 16 year old rookies have 17 points,9G,8A more then the rest of the league combined, the other 19 teams 16 yr olds have 13 points combined and nobody has more then 2 points from the other clubs.

Reactions: Cherrydon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad