Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Offseason Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
When is your guys training camp? Wondering if Greentree comes to it. Would love to see him and belchetz on the same line

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Spits camp opens Thursday,on the ice Thursday night with 3 teams practicing then 6 scrimmages Friday and then Blue and White game Saturday at 4.
51 players expected at camp including Greentree .
Any idea when Greentree would be going away to La’s camp?

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Any idea when Greentree would be going away to La’s camp?
I would guess that Greentree would go to LA around the 5th of September or so as they are hosting a rookie camp tournament with other NHL teams starting September 10 and ending Sept 16,with their main camp opening a couple dates later.
So I am thinking he might play 1 Windsor exhibition game Sept 6 if that prior to going to LA.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
3 sources have informed me that former Spitfire forward Colton Smith has signed to play with the Charlottetown Islanders of the Q after clearing waivers from the Windsor Spitfires.
The overage forward was not included on the recent training roster put out by Windsor recently so I am not surprised at this development.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
3 sources have informed me that former Spitfire forward Colton Smith has signed to play with the Charlottetown Islanders of the Q after clearing waivers from the Windsor Spitfires.
The overage forward was not included on the recent training roster put out by Windsor recently so I am not surprised at this development.

I have heard similar, but, I didn't see his name on their roster, so I'm not sure yet.

Speaking of such, the Spitfires have several new jersey numbers...

Cristoforo - now 44
Davis - now 78

Protas - 37
Mathurin - 74
Belchetz - 61
Lemieux - 22
Hicks - 58
Brocklehurst - 42
Windbiel - 34
Garden - 77

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Maybe he do better there than here.
Wasn't much here

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I have heard similar, but, I didn't see his name on their roster, so I'm not sure yet.

Speaking of such, the Spitfires have several new jersey numbers...

Cristoforo - now 44
Davis - now 78

Protas - 37
Mathurin - 74
Belchetz - 61
Lemieux - 22
Hicks - 58
Brocklehurst - 42
Windbiel - 34
Garden - 77
I do know he is away in PEI though

Reactions: punch1943

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Odd all the number changes, but maybe there was a request by some of these new players to sign and or to report. Can't ever remember this many changes.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Not sure if this was mentioned in here yet, but didn't see anything. RYAN MASTERSON has filed a class action lawsuit against the NCAA for banning him ftom playing NCAA because he played in 2 preseason games. Part of the lawsuit shows grounds as the NCAA generally allows European players from professional leagues to play Div 1 sports. Maybe this will finally change their "CHL" players from being played. To me no contract, no rules have been broken as ridiculous as they are. Love to see high end talent in the OHL for 2-3 years and still be able to go to the NCAA. Helps the Canadian players as well for a chance at US scholarships after their CHL careers.

Reactions: Section 103

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Not sure if this was mentioned in here yet, but didn't see anything. RYAN MASTERSON has filed a class action lawsuit against the NCAA for banning him ftom playing NCAA because he played in 2 preseason games. Part of the lawsuit shows grounds as the NCAA generally allows European players from professional leagues to play Div 1 sports. Maybe this will finally change their "CHL" players from being played. To me no contract, no rules have been broken as ridiculous as they are. Love to see high end talent in the OHL for 2-3 years and still be able to go to the NCAA. Helps the Canadian players as well for a chance at US scholarships after their CHL careers.

I think it's mentioned a handful of pages back; there was a fairly in-depth discussion about whether Masterson or the Spitfires messed up.

Reactions: Cherrydon

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
These old legs won’t let me attend training camp but at least I’m hoping a number of you will be on hand. This should be a very interesting camp with all the new faces. BB will be earning his money with so many decisions to make. #1 on the list has to be our defense.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
These old legs won’t let me attend training camp but at least I’m hoping a number of you will be on hand. This should be a very interesting camp with all the new faces. BB will be earning his money with so many decisions to make. #1 on the list has to be our defense.

I will likely be there Thurs, Fri, and Sat; exact times TBD.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Only 2 players from last year gave up numbers - Christforo gave up 74 to Mathurin and Davis gave up 86 which no one has ( yet) . Not sure how you see vets giving numbers to rooks?
Technically 3 as dman Adrian Manzo who wore #2 last year is wearing 89 this year assuming he makes team which I think he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad