Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Offseason Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Trade didn't work out
Looked more like a favor
No. It didn't work out, but 47 points, 22 goals, plus 5 is definitely way batter than 99% of most 2nd round picks would ever offer year 2 let alone a single 4th pick for him. If every trade worked out for the Spits favor, Bowler would never have a single trade partner.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
No. It didn't work out, but 47 points, 22 goals, plus 5 is definitely way batter than 99% of most 2nd round picks would ever offer year 2 let alone a single 4th pick for him. If every trade worked out for the Spits favor, Bowler would never have a single trade partner.
It's not so much if the trade worked out imo. The disappointing part is that he was so bad last year that they weren't able to get anything in return. Along with trying to develop the 08s, what your 07s do. The new coach will need to increase the value of these players.

The best way to start a rebuild is to maximize value of players who aren't going to be around when you want to be good. For example Eichler won't be back in 2025 so make the best of it. If anyone offers you something for him do it.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
It's not so much if the trade worked out imo. The disappointing part is that he was so bad last year that they weren't able to get anything in return. Along with trying to develop the 08s, what your 07s do. The new coach will need to increase the value of these players.

The best way to start a rebuild is to maximize value of players who aren't going to be around when you want to be good. For example Eichler won't be back in 2025 so make the best of it. If anyone offers you something for him do it.
Absolutely 💯 agree

Reactions: punch1943

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
However he was ll a below a point a game and -6 player in the playoffs when it counted.
Keep in mind Peer,Christopoulis, Maggio,Harrison were all playing injured or got hurt talking Christopoulis and Peer,toss in dmen Deangelis and Renwick playing with shoulder injuries,Dionicio suspended 1st 2 games of series ditto Morneau both for flipping pucks out,also Abraham and Spellacy out for the season with pre playoff injuries huge factor not excuse why Windsor lost in 4.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Keep in mind Peer,Christopoulis, Maggio,Harrison were all playing injured or got hurt talking Christopoulis and Peer,toss in dmen Deangelis and Renwick playing with shoulder injuries,Dionicio suspended 1st 2 games of series ditto Morneau both for flipping pucks out,also Abraham and Spellacy out for the season with pre playoff injuries huge factor not excuse why Windsor lost in 4.
Injuries happen. Nobody is immune to it.
Have to actually play defense.
normal excuse..

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I just noticed that one player on the Spitfires' training roster is a new free agent - forward Lucas Novak. 2007 born, 5'11 165 out of Toronto. Draft season played for Toronto Titans U16 but went to Slovakia last season. Had 25 goals and 49 points in 45 games (16th in the league) for Barani Banska Bystrica Slovak U18.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I just noticed that one player on the Spitfires' training roster is a new free agent - forward Lucas Novak. 2007 born, 5'11 165 out of Toronto. Draft season played for Toronto Titans U16 but went to Slovakia last season. Had 25 goals and 49 points in 45 games (16th in the league) for Barani Banska Bystrica Slovak U18.
You beat me to the punch on Novak,a late born 07 to boot November birthday,also had 1G,1A in 4 games with a U20 team,note 53 Pims with his U18 Slovakian team.
Should note other then Antonio Tonin who was used last year as an affiliate, Novak is the only invited free agent to Windsor 's camp.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
personally, im looking forward to seeing who wins the 2024 Christiano DiGiacinto 'because the spitfires always find amazing free agents' award this year.

previous award winners include
ryan struthers
Igor larionov
Joseph mizzi
Lucas latta
Hayden johnson
Nick graniero
Jackson mcllwain
Alex pretteccia
Kyler morgan
adrian tonin

so many honourable mentions that I can’t even start looking at those.

Looks like we have a club house leader in Lucas Novak, let’s hope he can follow in the footsteps of such an amazing g group!

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I saw Tonin but he played for them last season so I was more focused on the new guys.

personally, im looking forward to seeing who wins the 2024 Christiano DiGiacinto 'because the spitfires always find amazing free agents' award this year.

At least the horse isn't quite powder yet ;)

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR

ryan struthers
Igor larionov
Joseph mizzi
Lucas latta
Hayden johnson
Nick graniero
Jackson mcllwain
Alex pretteccia
Kyler morgan
adrian tonin

Looks like we have a club house leader in Lucas Novak, let’s hope he can follow in the footsteps of such an amazing g group!
The best recent free agent was Oliver Peer

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Agreed re Peer
Last 2 free agents with Rychel here was forward Jake Smith in 2017/18 from Quebec League and before that Christiano Digiacinto 4 years with team last yr in 2016-2017,Mem Cup year.
Should mention goalie Mario Culina played here for 2 years 2.94 and 2.64 including Mem Cup win in 2017,then dealt to Sudbury,then Kitchener was another solid signing by Rychel.

Last edited:

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

ryan struthers
Igor larionov
Joseph mizzi
Lucas latta
Hayden johnson
Nick graniero
Jackson mcllwain
Alex pretteccia
Kyler morgan
adrian tonin

Need defense

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017

ryan struthers
Igor larionov
Joseph mizzi
Lucas latta
Hayden johnson
Nick graniero
Jackson mcllwain
Alex pretteccia
Kyler morgan
adrian tonin

Ryan “The Next Peer” Struthers

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
oh I know. Im
Poking fun, every year he lists 10 kids that could be the next digicinto. we all told him
How no way Struthers was that guy last year but he kept pushing. funny thing is he never talked much about peer that camp. talked about Struthers no. Stop.

I’m gonna to keep a list now just for the fun if it.

Ryan “The Next Peer” Struthers
he’s a stud!

before him it was latta, mizzi, etc etc

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I saw Tonin but he played for them last season so I was more focused on the new guys.

At least the horse isn't quite powder yet ;)
who wins this year?

what stud will be found????

the 2024 Christian DiGiacinto award will be announced in a week!

let’s hope he will follow in the footsteps of past winners!

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
LOL what happens if one is found? 🤷‍♂️

10 kids every year? LOL not quite ;)
look at the list, there are always amazing studs found every year!

the spits always find amazing free agents!

who will win the award this year and become a very average jr b player or poor ohler????

Find out soon!!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: frontsfan67
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad