Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Offseason Thread (Part 3)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Well I am not defending Walter's priot on bench incident or ever risking a players health and safety, the NHL had to place concussion protocols for example in the NHL because coaches would push the limits during competition. Physical abuse or bullying has no place ever in the game. Arguing over stitches now or after game should not be a discussion either. The real screw up seems to have been thee GM dismissing the said trainer/team dr. That is more likely why league involvement was initiated.
The 'trainer ' and team Dr were not dismissed by the GM

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
At the end of the day it's time to look towards the import draft tomorrow and moves BB will make. The team needs to focus preparing for the season. From today's conference Morneau and Abraham mentioned which leaves a 3rd OA spot to be filled. Exciting team of raw talent that could be tge beginning of a 2-3 year highly successful dynasty if things work out. Attention to details, 200 ft game and physicality as promised welcome and necessary change in direction. Also ice time based on performance and not just seniority.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Are you guys missing the fact there seems to be many “other” issues with walters??? Do some damn homework you guys, this guy has a laundry list of questionable behaviour as well as the final straw issue regarding the injury.
And the Detroit Red Wings are having Walters at their development camp as a guest coach this week,like Windsor they clearly have moved on from any transgressions that occurred rather then engage in cancel culture and bias activity.
Let's see if Joel Quenville is hired by anybody after his 2-1/2 year suspension by the NHL.
Your animus and bias towards Bowler and now Walters has been clearly noted.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I guess people here for years you gotta do right by the player. Walters certainly wasn't doing that in this instance. Winning at all costs can have different connotations though whether it's coaching every game until the final whistle, benching players for lazy plays etc...

Bowler says he will bring more accountability he hired Jarrod Smith and I have no doubt it was a shot at him. Torres and Newbury are still here. Bowler talks about the track record of Walters. Other than his 1st year he has been declining. I think most GMs get to hire a coach or two. He's on his 3rd now. Clock should be ticking for him.
Hopefully

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
And the Detroit Red Wings are having Walters at their development camp as a guest coach this week,like Windsor they clearly have moved on from any transgressions that occurred rather then engage in cancel culture and bias activity.
Let's see if Joel Quenville is hired by anybody after his 2-1/2 year suspension by the NHL.
Your animus and bias towards Bowler and now Walters has been clearly noted.
R u talking about bias?

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
HL, it has been noted?!?! Listen weve been pretty ok with each other. But if ya wanna play the bias game i think i have a full sheet of ammo i can unload if you choose? Lets add some hypocrisy to that list too. Your fully aware of what BB is all about, yet you NEVER are willing to say anything about it.

Reactions: windsor7

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
So my last word on Walter's ( so far).
I've read what everyone has posted and I can agree with some parts of each post.
I mean most know there is way more to what happened then what was said and I agree with what someone else indicated that most likely if they had not already hired him before the suspension they would not hire him now. This puts concerns on how he will eventually treat the staff and the players when things get heated? The players is my biggest concern here.

And then on the other hand he has served his time and I'm also sure there are some major stipulations from the team and the league on his behavior. A very very short rope is in play here.

And of course the entire coaching staff as a whole? I'm not picking up vibes this will be a strong group or am I seeing the guru to lead the D away from their struggles? If GW has changed his ways and the team still falters now what? I really think Bowler has painted himself into a corner and he has to have every finger and toe crossed at this stage.

For the kids sake I hope this works out.

On to todays draft - a big highly skilled D is on my wish list.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
So my last word on Walter's ( so far).
I've read what everyone has posted and I can agree with some parts of each post.
I mean most know there is way more to what happened then what was said and I agree with what someone else indicated that most likely if they had not already hired him before the suspension they would not hire him now. This puts concerns on how he will eventually treat the staff and the players when things get heated? The players is my biggest concern here.

And then on the other hand he has served his time and I'm also sure there are some major stipulations from the team and the league on his behavior. A very very short rope is in play here.

And of course the entire coaching staff as a whole? I'm not picking up vibes this will be a strong group or am I seeing the guru to lead the D away from their struggles? If GW has changed his ways and the team still falters now what? I really think Bowler has painted himself into a corner and he has to have every finger and toe crossed at this stage.

For the kids sake I hope this works out.

On to todays draft - a big highly skilled D is on my wish list.
I think I’d prefer Holinka

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Import Draft.....pick 2, since they pick so early......save a player to come in next year
3 of the 4 OHL teams that didn't make the past playoffs,Windsor,Niagara and Peterborough are making 1 selection today in the Euro draft.
Only Sarnia from the non playoff teams are selecting 2 players.
Kingston only team in the O not making any.
The rest of the teams selecting are choosing 2.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
3 of the 4 OHL teams that didn't make the past playoffs,Windsor,Niagara and Peterborough are making 1 selection today in the Euro draft.
Only Sarnia from the non playoff teams are selecting 2 players.
Kingston only team in the O not making any.
The rest of the teams selecting are choosing 2.
Guelph are only making one selection.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad