Windsor Spitfires 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I was sitting talking to huge Spit fan ( ok I was talking to myself) and remembered a point brought up a couple of years back by a GM ( not Windsors) . Sometimes you need to make a trade to show the kids you have confidence in them. Sitting pat is fine but kids want to see their GM do something in a year where they are winning and putting their heart and soul into the season. Thinking this I would not be surprised to see at least one player brought in to give the kids a "they believe in us" trade. No idea who and I'm not going to even guess.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I was sitting talking to huge Spit fan ( ok I was talking to myself) and remembered a point brought up a couple of years back by a GM ( not Windsors) . Sometimes you need to make a trade to show the kids you have confidence in them. Sitting pat is fine but kids want to see their GM do something in a year where they are winning and putting their heart and soul into the season. Thinking this I would not be surprised to see at least one player brought in to give the kids a "they believe in us" trade. No idea who and I'm not going to even guess.

This kind of goes with my earlier thinking about Bowler making his mark. It doesn't have to be a blockbuster, because you don't want to tip the room chemistry, but even a minor deal that adds. Something that says "let's see how far we can go, for a reasonable price." Imagine being in that room and the coach says "we've brought in (player) to give us that extra push." I'd be pumped.

Reactions: ohloutsider

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
"Give him a Happy Meal for his participation"....Wow!! A Windsor Spitfire player gets an invite to represent his country @ the WJC......and that's a bad thing? Seriously dude get some help.

Imagine if nobody made their WJC? We'd never hear the end of it. I'm almost convinced it's trolling. It has to be. Nobody is that vile.

His flight will be shorter than the Spits bus ride home tonight.

I'd rather fly home from Europe than drive from northern Ontario. It really does feel shorter because of the time change.

Reactions: Earlofpoundcake

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
Imagine if nobody made their WJC? We'd never hear the end of it. I'm almost convinced it's trolling. It has to be. Nobody is that vile.

I'd rather fly home from Europe than drive from northern Ontario. It really does feel shorter because of the time change.

It's pure trolling.....it always has been with 7, Not a way a grown man should spend his time, sad really.

Spits1963

Dec 17, 2014
This kind of goes with my earlier thinking about Bowler making his mark. It doesn't have to be a blockbuster, because you don't want to tip the room chemistry, but even a minor deal that adds. Something that says "let's see how far we can go, for a reasonable price." Imagine being in that room and the coach says "we've brought in (player) to give us that extra push." I'd be pumped.
If it’s not a blockbuster and just a middle six forward or a 4-5 defensemen, it might matter for chemistry as to who comes out of the lineup.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

KyGuy9

Sep 7, 2012
Played 1 game against Kazakhstan i think.
Then bench warmer or suite watcher for rest.
Maybe next year for him. But will he be a spitfire?

Piiroinen played more games than their third goalie did at the tournament, that should eliminate the doubt. Backing up Annunen in a medal game should show he had the backup position solidified. I get your point not trying to blow this out of proportion saying that going to the WJC means he is the next Marty Brodeur but the kid was able to represent his country that has strong competition at this tournament, let's just be happy for his experience for a minute.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
Trade away a few picks. I know the room chemistry is good with guys like Boka, Douglas, Corcoran, Afanasyev, etc. I wouldn't want to mess with that.
How do you know the chemistry is good with those guys? Second, if they aren’t going to go all in then why not make a move that helps team for next year? That way the new guy has half season to build chemistry with everyone?

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

Spits1963

Dec 17, 2014
Trade away a few picks. I know the room chemistry is good with guys like Boka, Douglas, Corcoran, Afanasyev, etc. I wouldn't want to mess with that.
And who comes out of the lineup to make room for said players
That could also be an issue
Just saying

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
How do you know the chemistry is good with those guys? Second, if they aren’t going to go all in then why not make a move that helps team for next year? That way the new guy has half season to build chemistry with everyone?

Sounds good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad