Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - Game 50 - 1/27/2016 8:30 PM Nashville at Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Funny thing is the Calgary announcer said Wideman didn't see him either. How do you not see a guy in a black and white striped shirt in front of you?

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Funny thing is the Calgary announcer said Wideman didn't see him either. How do you not see a guy in a black and white striped shirt in front of you?

If it was an accident, why didn't Wideman check on the linesman when going back to the bench? Anyone who did not do that on purpose would've done that. More than anything, this sticks out to me as the most damning evidence against Wideman.

At least 15 games. At least. Should be 20+

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Nice win; did not expect a 4-0 trip to Western CA.

And the Wideman thread on the main forum has blown up. Really odd situation; he can see the linesman the entire way and levels him from behind. I have no idea what the NHL does, but the media pundits generally condemned the hit from the reactions I've seen. His best defense is that he had a concussion and was confused; NHL would rather bury any news about a concussed player attacking a referee. That's the type of hockey news that actually makes it onto PTI / Around the Horn / etc. for 15s before they transition to what it means for the NFL and how LeBron feels about it.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
If it was an accident, why didn't Wideman check on the linesman when going back to the bench? Anyone who did not do that on purpose would've done that. More than anything, this sticks out to me as the most damning evidence against Wideman.

Intentional or not, they cannot let a player off from hitting an official like that. I would be shocked if he is just fined and not suspended.

Awesome 4-game win streak happening - going hand-in-hand with the goalies improved play. Encouraging.

Yukon Cornellis

aka Phoneguy
Mar 27, 2010
Hendersonville, TN

I'm thinking 10 games. Someone posted the rules last night on twitter, and I believe ten games is the minimum for striking an official without intent to injure. The question becomes, given his behavior after cross-checking him i.e. not checking on him immediately after he did it, could it be considered intent to injure? Because it sure looks like he decided to nail him and did.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
So watching the video again he slams his stick down on the ice. For a guy in pain and not knowing where he was to make that sort of action says, he was frustrated and upset. Also, why do you lift your arms and thrust a stick in to the back of someone, regardless of whether it was a ref, a linesman or an opposing player? And if he was truly "concussed" why did the trainers not take him to a quiet room and do protocol? You can't claim I was fuzzy and then not go thru the protocol. It's either one or the other but not both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad