Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - 2.6.16: Sharks @ Preds - Win or GTFO Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

twig

Dec 8, 2013
Didn't watch the game tonight,decided to split wood and drink beer with friends by the bond fire
With my buddy's instead.
Looks like i should do that every game.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Didn't watch the game tonight,decided to split wood and drink beer with friends by the bond fire
With my buddy's instead.

Yeah I did the same. Went out w/ a friend to dinner and a movie instead. What ever works to get the team to score and win.

Last edited:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
With my buddy's instead.

Exactly what I did, and I'll gladly eat crow about the lines not working if it means we win.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
DO not think any of us were excited about those lines prior to the game. But they worked last night. Good to have a win over the Sharks.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Joey seems to like Jarnkrok on that top line so that may be together for a little while....

"He just thinks the game so well," Johansen said. "You look at any lines that are successful together, they all are on the same page and they're always in the right spot. A perfect example is [Jarnkrok's] goal. He's reloading in a defensive position, and we create a turnover and then he's in a scoring spot and he finds a way to put it in. I just noticed that early on from playing with him all over the ice and in all three zones, he's always in the right spot and it makes it a lot easier for me in adjusting to a new linemate."

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Man I needed this. Vandy craps the bed against a mediocre Ole Miss team, work is terrible, and the PHI game made me want to strangle a kangaroo. Arvi's falling snipe was a thing of magic; I think Jones is still confused as to what happened.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
And wow our next six are terrible with WSH, @TB, @FLA, DAL, BOS, LA. Always enjoy seeing Trotz come back to the Bridge though.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
The problem I have had w/ this team is consistency. If we could get that I would feel better about this team. Instead it's been like a roller coaster ride with this team.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
How did you guys think Jarnkrok fit in that 1st line?

Last several games, Hook has been going to the front of the net more, to the slot more, just hasn't been able to finish. With Joey and Neal, that is exactly what we need. Last 2 games, Hook has scored in there - it doesn't look right on paper, but he didn't look out of place last night. But, I sure don't know how that smaller body is gonna' hold up against the guys that match up against our first line.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
It's funny to read the gdt after the game has finished, lol.

Incredible game, sure didn't expect that. What a difference in emotions after the last 2 games.

The offense actually looked like a real offense!

Pretty goals and great saves!

Hope we saved some goals for Tuesday!

Last year we had a game just like this against the sharks, the first ice storm game. We won 5-1 and that was the game that Pekka made like 3 incredible saves in about 5 seconds.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Yeah, I saw the first period Saturday night and finally got to see the rest after avoiding the dvr, score and these boards till this morning.

What a great result, also laughing at all the pessimistic haters.

Know he's too small to last but enjoying Jarnkrok having some success.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
my two favorite things after a win are first reading the opposing team's GDT post by post going from optimism to anger. and then reading our game day thread going from pessimism to disbelief.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
my two favorite things after a win are first reading the opposing team's GDT post by post going from optimism to anger. and then reading our game day thread going from pessimism to disbelief.

It's the consistently inconsistent part of this team that is creating ulcers in my body :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad