Player Discussion William Nylander

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Nylander is exceptionally talented, no doubt. His struggle will always be consistently giving a shit. Not good enough at that price, Imo.

Weird, are we talking about Michael or William?

Michael Nylander was considered by many the best european to come out when he first landed in Hartford. But he always played like he was in 3rd gear.

At that time it was common for talented Europeans to play that way, Nedved, Kovalev. Same story

He so reminds of a young Kovalev. All the talent in the world, but moody. When he was on he was on, when he's not..... mmmm

Reactions: ACC1224

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Nylanders mentality is this-

Ill show up when i want, if coach calls me out, ill retreat further and coach loses his job. Im at 11.5 milly, what is coach at? I have the leverage, end of story
You can’t play him with Tavares this game should show you that he needs to play fast

Reactions: ULF_55

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
You can’t play him with Tavares this game should show you that he needs to play fast

It was not about who he was playing with, he just stop being lazy for the first time this season... that's it. He was working hard tonight and created thing, that's the difference.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
It was not about who he was playing with, he just stop being lazy for the first time this season... that's it. He was working hard tonight and created thing, that's the difference.
How can you say that when the data and the eye test says otherwise

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
How can you say that when the data and the eye test says otherwise

the eye test... I didn't count the number of time Nylander took a shift off 1st 2 game. Just vs NJ his stupid penalty on his last shift in 3rd is just a result of it. He had been extremely lucky to don't get a second one on the play because he should got a double

Tonight Nylander was flying on the ice both side of the ice and not even close to the nylander of 1st 2.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
the eye test... I didn't count the number of time Nylander took a shift off 1st 2 game. Just vs NJ his stupid penalty on his last shift in 3rd is just a result of it. He had been extremely lucky to don't get a second one on the play because he should got a double

Tonight Nylander was flying on the ice both side of the ice and not even close to the nylander of 1st 2.
And what’s the difference in the first three games other than the effort as you pointed out cause the only difference I see is no Tavares but your entitled to your opinion as well my friend

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
And what’s the difference in the first three games other than the effort as you pointed out cause the only difference I see is no Tavares but your entitled to your opinion as well my friend

Tonight he was driving his line, he battle for the puck ( something he didn't gm 1 and 2) and the play didn't died basically everytime he touched the puck.

I just watched his expected goal 1st 3 game and going on the same side than what i saw... Nylander had been one of worst on expected goal for 1st 2 and second best tonight.

I would like to give you an other thing than work, fighting, battling... but it was the main difference...

First two games he was figure skating, trying to dangle outside.

Goes to the net and gets a goal, that's what he has to do.

Exactly

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I want Tavares back... but not with Nylander. Tavares and Nylander becomes each others autopilots. Better with new FASTER linesmates when learning a new system .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad