William Nylander Discussion: 2016 v2

Mr Hockey*

I wasn't trying to discredit Willy at all. Just pointing out that he is jacked and in that pic I do think it was taken to make him look a bit more jacked (I mean why was it even taken it the 1st place ?? :laugh:) I should also note I meant to say the camera position as well. Taking a picture downwards always seems to make a nicer picture imo. The angle is a good one.

The picture I replied with is probably a better one to judge him based on Willy being in a standing position instead of an athletic position.

He has a pump going in that picture,etc ... :)

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
First of all, that was not a magazine pic where they photoshop like mad. Secondly, no amount of camera and lighting can make a skinny person look like that.
Can't wait to see him next season.

Mr Hockey*

CoBL815WgAAD-Si.jpg

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
To pretty to hit. He'll score 50 goals this upcoming season as the goalies will be lost in his eyes. Only thing stopping him from crushing Gretzky's records is his pity for the old man.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I wasn't trying to discredit Willy at all. Just pointing out that he is jacked and in that pic I do think it was taken to make him look a bit more jacked (I mean why was it even taken it the 1st place ?? :laugh:) I should also note I meant to say the camera position as well. Taking a picture downwards always seems to make a nicer picture imo. The angle is a good one.

The picture I replied with is probably a better one to judge him based on Willy being in a standing position instead of an athletic position.

Why was it taken?

He's playing some volleyball with his father and a friend/family member and someone grabbed a picture for him?

Why is that odd?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
He's always been a gym rat.

Never got the criticism that people claim he lacks size - he's obviously got great core strength.

I think people take facts poorly here.

If someone is 160 lbs. and 5'11" and someone suggests they are skinny and need to put on some muscle there is a rush to say it doesn't matter. That you are bashing the player, even after management says the same thing.

IMO it is normal to expect some physical growth of players after they are drafted, unless they are drafted as 20 year olds, and even then men do get stronger even if they don't get bigger, just by learning better technique, in body positioning, preparedness, stamina, ...

To suggest a prospect needs improvement should not cause panic in their fans.

William Hylander

There can be only 1
Aug 17, 2009
Nylander was always jacked. He's going to really impress, my only worry with players is once they get into the range of salary where they start making 5+ million per year they stop caring as much, that's what really sets Crosby apart.

Hopefully Nylander is always motivated to improve.

Last year when he was pictured playing ball hockey, and was jacked I was really surprised but I guess that's what happens when you start taking your shirt off for photos.

Kessel would never take his shirt off for a photo, fatty.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
man since being drafted at 170ish nylander has put on like 20-30 pounds...and marner drafted at 160ish is the exact same

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015

What are you taking about? He's playing with his family and someone took a photo, I don't see the big deal. Also taking a picture looking up is how you make someone look jacked. I don't know why you can't just appreciate that he's working hard to be a great player for the leafs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad