LeBrun: William Karlsson nearing 8 year deal with Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven0two

Apr 17, 2018
What are you expecting? they can't take any salary

Basically something similar to what San Jose just got for Justin Braun (2nd & 3rd). Both are RHD, both have similar cap hits, while Miller has upside and is 26 as opposed to 32 and is also locked up for three years.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

In the next 2 days = after they clear out cap space = after they interview UFAs like Benn, Orpik, Prout and wait on Engelland.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I'm surprised he was the one that pushed for 8 years and was willing to take the lower AAV to get it. Seems like he has less confidence in himself than some of the big money guys this offseason. Great deal for Vegas though, I imagine this will be a steal in a couple of years even if he never repeats the 2017-2018 numbers.

Or he likes where he is at and doesn't want to leave.... novel concept I know. Not every player is going to go the Marner route.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Tampa is looking for a low cost RD, as is Nashville with Subban gone.

Miller would be great with McDonagh or Ekholm to babysit him in his own end.

For a team like Tampa not sure if $3.85M counts as low cost but I see your point

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
I find it hilarious that Vegas has sort of overplayed their hand. I get it--to an extent--it's a good problem to have, all these gems, but in year 2, they're already over the cap, when cap space was one of their useful tools.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
if it is 5.9, that's a good deal considering the inflation in contracts we've seen. In 8 years he'll still be in his productive years so it's not like those cap circumvention (-ish) deals we've seen.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
I find it hilarious that Vegas has sort of overplayed their hand. I get it--to an extent--it's a good problem to have, all these gems, but in year 2, they're already over the cap, when cap space was one of their useful tools.

Well in theory that’s the expectation but it turned out one of their tools was making the playoffs every year so why not just use cap space on roster players instead :dunno:

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Welcome to cap hell. You can bet quite a few players get shipped out just to create enough room.

And Vegas will get raked over the coals because teams know Vegas is in no position they have to move salaries out.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Welcome to cap hell. You can bet quite a few players get shipped out just to create enough room.

And Vegas will get raked over the coals because teams know Vegas is in no position they have to move salaries out.
Not much tbh one or two guys depending on what gusev signs . I'd gladly take one of their wingers that is bumped to the third line on Edmonton

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018

Whatever. The assets they have to move have value, meaning multiple teams will want players like Miller and Eakin, so no, they won’t get raked over the coals, they’ll take the best offer.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Basically something similar to what San Jose just got for Justin Braun (2nd & 3rd). Both are RHD, both have similar cap hits, while Miller has upside and is 26 as opposed to 32 and is also locked up for three years.

San Jose was smart for doing it early and before the draft. Now with free agency starting up and a bunch of teams also having to resign their own RFA's, the pool for teams wanting the likes of Eakin and Miller is going to shrink, thus driving down the return for those guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad