Will you watch/buy Penguins products?

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I'm a fan of the Penguins, I don't care who they hire to be the next GM or who coaches the team. I won't stop buying products because of that. It's the team and logo I started cheering for, if you seriously stop for this your not a real fan in the firts place!

AZPenguins

Aug 25, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Yes, why wouldn't I? Are we suppose to consider them a "joke" because they haven't fired DB yet?

I'm a fan of the Penguins, I don't care who they hire to be the next GM or who coaches the team. I won't stop buying products because of that. It's the team and logo I started cheering for, if you seriously stop for this your not a real fan in the firts place!

Well said.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I disagree. Paying customers have a right to stop paying and watching a franchise that clearly has no idea what they're doing. It's the reason why i stopped watching the Pirates in the mid 90's. There was no care to put a winning product on the field. It was all about the ownership raking in money, product be damned.

And i'll be damned if i watch a team (been watching the Pens since i was a kid in the late 80's and my entire family is from Pittsburgh) that is being run by a group of people who have no interest in pleasing the people who pay their salaries.

It's not about being or not being a fan. I refuse to stay in a burning building. That is what this team is doing to us. Why in God's name would you support what has gone on the past 5 seasons?

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
If Bylsma is back next year, I won't. If the organization doesn't care about the team, why should I?

Mischa

Feb 11, 2012
I disagree. Paying customers have a right to stop paying and watching a franchise that clearly has no idea what they're doing. It's the reason why i stopped watching the Pirates in the mid 90's. There was no care to put a winning product on the field. It was all about the ownership raking in money, product be damned.

And i'll be damned if i watch a team (been watching the Pens since i was a kid in the late 80's and my entire family is from Pittsburgh) that is being run by a group of people who have no interest in pleasing the people who pay their salaries.

It's not about being or not being a fan. I refuse to stay in a burning building. That is what this team is doing to us. Why in God's name would you support what has gone on the past 5 seasons?

its not uncommon for ownership to wait for a new gm for that gm to fire that coach, even if the coachign fire is obvious. as annoying as it is, its best to reserve judgement until the new GM comes in.

after all, this finally is the change people asked for

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I just hope people who are so utterly disgusted with this organization hit it the only place it can hurt. The bottom line (wallet). Millionaires/Billionaires understand nothing else. What could be wrong? We're selling every game out. People are scooping up merchandise etc.

I love the Penguins and it hurts to see what we've become from the very top, to the bottom.

Today was an utter cluster **** and disgrace which has been the theme for the better part of a half decade.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Will I buy stuff? Nope.

Will I watch? Sadly, yes. I just can't bring myself not to. But unlike in the past where I've watched every game I'd give up on the West coast ones and those at 8:00pm or later.

hadrian

Sep 2, 2011
Yes. I remember much darker days.

Plus I'd like to wait a little while longer before I assume Bylsma's staying.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
I was so ready to put on a Penguins shirt with pride for the first time in two years tonight. I'm not sure if I ever will again.

Sh00terMcGavin

#Leadership
Jul 5, 2011
Pittsburgh
Of course I'm still going to support them. Call me a blind fan, but I'm not giving up on the logo because of some utterly atrocious management decisions. It sucks, but if every fanbase gave up on their team because of stuff like this, the NHL would be dead by now.

Can't just support the team when times are good.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
Of course I'm still going to support them. Call me a blind fan, but I'm not giving up on the logo because of some utterly atrocious management decisions. It sucks, but if every fanbase gave up on their team because of stuff like this, the NHL would be dead by now.

They'll get my support when they deserve. Not the other way around, it doesn't work that way. For me at least.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal

Exactly

Then we wonder why every other fan base in the league makes fun of his and all our bandwagonners :shakehead

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
If Bylsma's behind the bench next year, this organization will not get one more second of my time, or one more penny of my money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad