Will this be the year the Vegas market is truly tested?

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
8vtyqj.jpg

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
It'll be interesting to see where the Vegas odd-makers have them to start the season, or let alone all the power rankings.

I agree they took a step back, but they also went to the SCF in year 1 so who knows lol.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Winning a cup and being a team original to the city unlike the Oakland transplants will give them lasting clout. I'm sure there will be some road bumps when they have to do a proper rebuild but it'll never endanger their place in Vegas.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Think they're still a playoff team, albeit maybe not a dominating one. Still have some really good pieces, but also a lot of question marks.

Is Pietrangelo's game falling off as it appeared to be last year or was that a blip and he'll bounce back? Can Adin Hill and Ilya Samsonov overcome huge stretches of inconsistency that they both experienced last season? Can Hertl bounce back from his injury and be more than a mundane 2nd liner? Can Mark Stone stay healthy in the regular season? Because its not out of the realm of possibility that this team misses the playoffs like they did in 2021-22 when he couldn't.

They won their cup so their market should continue to be strong regardless and it's a good tourist destination to see games so attendance wise they always have that going for them.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
If anything their goaltending will be truly tested. Personally I would not have traded Thompson. Ownership must have not have faith in his history of injuries and his ability to stay healthy long term.

This will be the first year in Adin's career where he is a starter. Will be interesting to see the numbers he puts up playing 55-60 games a year.

Eichel, Hertl, Wild Bill up the middle.

Theodore, Pietrangelo, Hanifin on the blueline.

OP is reaching

Ive heard rumours that Hertl is taking Marchessaults old spot as #1RW. Then Karlsson as #2 and Roy as #3. That's still very good down the middle, Karlsson's production from this past season was on par as a #2 center. Same with Roy as a #3C

Reactions: MNRube

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
They really did nothing to improve the team. Very good possibility they miss the postseason.
When you add Hertl and Hanifin at the deadline, that's kind of what happens.

I think they're fine though. Dorofeyev/Holtz/Brisson/Olofsson are going to get the opportunity to show what they can do whether it's bigger minutes, fresh start or whatever, and there's definitely talent in that group of players. But even if it ends up being a pile of meh, they have the high-end dcore and top guys up front that should keep this team afloat in the playoff picture.

Biggest concern to me is health. If they have the type of injuries they've had in the last few regular seasons, then they can be in trouble. But that's just kind of a random thing.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
It will be interesting to see how the market would respond to a bad team.
Not really, it’s predictable for 90% of teams. America was way more sports options, and even for hockey fans hockey most often isn’t their most favorite sport.

Unless the prices come way down, nobody wants to take hours out their day when they could watch their team lose on TV and follow via articles what’s happening.

The Penguins had dark years. The original 6 Blackhawks had dark years before their Toews/Kane era

It’s an entertainment business, you need an experience to sell. We’ll see an emptier arena when the team falls off, but they’ll come back when the team rebuilds and the cycle continues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad