Will the Sharks win their first Stanley Cup before Leafs win their next?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will the Sharks win their first Stanley Cup before Leafs win their next?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Sharks getting Celebrini in less than a month, Will Smith signed, picked lots of quality prospects, either by drafting or via trades.
and few good younger talent too, who are 22-26 aged, like, Zetterlund, 25, who had a breakout season this season, 24 goals and about 50 points.

Also, Granny played his best season in the NHL, all things considered and he has still several good years in him, i mean, he is only 32
they will get Couture back, 22-23 he scored almost 30 goals, 70 points.

In, like year or two, or three i think, believe, Sharks is a serious contender again.
So, my question is; will the Sharks win their first Stanley Cup before Leafs win their next?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Getting some top prospects is key to a rebuild, but San Jose desperately needs to add some quality NHL talent around those kids if they are going to pull out of irrelevance. That takes time. How long did it take Edmonton to rebuild? How long has Buffalo been trying to undo the mediocrity they have suffered since they bottomed out.

That said, I don't think the core in Toronto can win - we'll see what happens with a new coach and whatnot, but I don't see the Leafs winning it any time soon either.

Really, we're probably looking at a half decade at least before San Jose is a good team again, and I don't see Toronto blowing up their core, nor do I see them being able to swap out their core for the caliber or player needed to win.

Neither will win any time soon,

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Sharks fan and Habs fan (thus also Leafs hater) voting "too early." I like the direction the Sharks are headed and obviously Celebrini goes a LONG way if he lives up to his hype. That said, we've got a ways to go to even match, let alone surpass the Leafs. Of course they have their own issues as a team that everyone is aware of.

Fingers crossed as both a Sharks and Habs fan that the Sharks win one sooner than the Leafs, but I wouldn't be willing to bet on it just yet.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
San Jose has two elite forward prospects, a few decent ones, and...? Practically nothing on D or in net.

That said the Leafs won't be winning a cup with this core. But with how the league is Toronto could teardown and rebuild before SJ finishes theirs.

Both teams are way too far away from a cup for this to warrant a poll

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Sharks blueline is a complete disaster. None of the prospects profile as top-pair guys. They need to improve there before we start having this conversation.

Toronto is a Top 5-10 team every single year. They may fall short in the playoffs, but they are a hot goalie away from a Cup Run. Sharks have like a a half dozen major pieces they are still missing

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
I’d say it’s about 50/50. Obviously the Leafs window is open now and will be for the next few years at the very least. They kind of remind me of the Capitals pre-Cup win, they just need a great coach, goalie, and a GM who can round out the rest of the roster.

I would definitely bet on San Jose winning more Cups than the Leafs over the next 15-20 years though.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba
I don’t believe the Leafs win one in the Matthews era, so I'll go with yes.

Smith & Celebrini have the potential to be the best 1-2 punch in the league one day.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
This question is basically just asking if the Leafs are going to win in the next ~5 years with their current core.

No, I don’t think so.

Reactions: Realgud

SheldonJPlankton

Sponsor
Oct 30, 2006
Voted yes. Too early also applies.

We have seen the Leafs. They have been tested and they have proven themselves to be annual pretenders.

The potential in SJ is intriguing. They just might turn from an ugly caterpillar into a beautiful butterfly. With the Leafs it's decade after decade of putting lipstick on a pig.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
It's way too early.

For all we know, the Leafs could get a great goalie and sign a top-UFA defenceman in a month - and all of a sudden their retool may be over with. They could also continue to come up short. The only thing we know for (almost) certain is their current core won't get it done - and San Jose isn't winning a cup an time soon.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Far too early. Even if everything goes right for San Jose, there is no guarantee they make a cup run out it. They had some of the best players in the league at one point but only managed a single Finals appearance with most of them.

And that isn't necessarily a slight either. It's hard to be a consistent contender for any length of time.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
San Jose looked worse than the Sabres did in 14-15 they tore down even more than the Sabres did and really have a LOT to do before they can even think about a cup.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Sharks getting Celebrini in less than a month, Will Smith signed, picked lots of quality prospects, either by drafting or via trades.
and few good younger talent too, who are 22-26 aged, like, Zetterlund, 25, who had a breakout season this season, 24 goals and about 50 points.

Also, Granny played his best season in the NHL, all things considered and he has still several good years in him, i mean, he is only 32
they will get Couture back, 22-23 he scored almost 30 goals, 70 points.

In, like year or two, or three i think, believe, Sharks is a serious contender again.
So, my question is; will the Sharks win their first Stanley Cup before Leafs win their next?

Attachments

• IMG_0740.jpeg
    IMG_0740.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad