Will Quinn Hughes put up 100pts this year?

Will Quinn Hughes put up 100pts this year?

• Yes

Votes: 24 19.0%
  • No but he comes close

Votes: 39 31.0%
  • No he won't even be close

Votes: 63 50.0%

• Total voters

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Makar hasn't done it, Josi hasn't done it, Hughes won't do it.

Hughes had the best season of his career and was still 8 points shy.

It requires too many things to go right. The Canucks had basically the dream first half last season which I don't expect to happen again.

Can Hughes be #1 in defenceman scoring? Now that's a bet I'd be much more willing to take, even though it will be very hard to beat Makar two seasons in a row.
The Canucks had a bad PP last year. An uptick in PP conversion alone could be enough to tip over.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Tale of first have versus second. It’s going to be too hard to replicate that on ice shooting percentage though. Not a lot of precedent for that.
Yeah but still on the whole, it's hard to improve a bunch on a top 10 PP. They were only 6 goals back from top 5.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I’m guessing 85-90. I don’t think he hits 100 because I don’t think a D can in this era without completely abandoning the defensive side of the game like EK did the other year. Josi pretty much did the same thing the year he came close as well. I guess Hughes would be one of the guys to play like that though, along with Bouchard, so who knows. The coach has to be on board for that kind of play though, which is why I doubt it happens for any D on a playoff team.

Reactions: Coffees

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad