Speculation: Will Marleau retire?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
He's 42 y/o now and as has been WELL documented on this forum, the wheels have completely fallen off... So with the Sharks seemingly ready to turn the page at last and with no rumours of interest from anyone at all this off-season, is it just a matter of time until he announces his retirement?

I would think his number 12 will quickly be retired by San Jose as soon as next season if he does call it a career and begrudgingly, he'll probably be a Hall of Famer too.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I'll be honest, I haven't seen much of him since he went back to SJ. So I don't have a real good opinion of his play, other than the prevailing opinion I hear on HF. But the prevailing opinion that he's due to retire makes a lot of sense.

What would he realistically be playing for if he could even get a contract?

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
There is no reason for him to keep playing now that he has the all-time games played record. He's not capable of playing a significant role on a good NHL team anymore. It's a shame he never won the cup, but them's the breaks.

vatali

Life Long Slacker
May 27, 2005
Middle of nowhere
He has to protect his record against big joe (82gp = 1762, or 17 games behind patty) . That being said, there is no chance he sees the ice in a NHL uniform this year.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Him and Thornton should've retired a few years ago...

Should've ended it when they were still good. Now they're a novelty act basically, shit is sad.

Reactions: paulhiggins

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
*Surplus population

You're right, I always remember it wrong. I think I must have got that in my head from when I was a kid and now I always default to it being surface, probably because I didn't know surplus was a word. Should have Google'd it first. Now the people in Zion should be on the lookout.

Reactions: ForsbergForever

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I think he will do what he can to get one more contract to try and break the all time regular season/playoff games played record.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad