Will Luchanko Make The Team ?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Guelph native here, just wanted to ask a question on this form to you Flyers fans who have been watching him closely in preseason and rookie camp. Does Jett Luchanko have a realistic shot at making the team and getting a 9 game audition .

Me personally I would go the Matthew Poitras route . Who played for the Storm two years ago , was send back to junior for his D plus 1 season and made the NHL permanently last season with the Bruins .

I don’t want the Flyers to rush an 18 year old to the NHL and potentially ruin his development. But next year is a different story . He comes back to Guelph and dominates junior hockey and plays in the WJHC , fine tunes his game and develops more elements to his game to make him that Nick Suzuki like center the Flyers see in him .

But what do you think Flyers fans , is Luchanko going to make this team ?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
We've been discussing this for a while.

They like the way he looks in camp, but his odds of sticking are slim and none.
He clearly needs work on his offensive skill package, playing 20+ a night in Guelph simply makes more sense for his development.

What does stand out is his skating, mastery of fundamentals, IQ. Good passer too, but not ready for NHL windows and needs a lot of work on his shot. Doesn't look lost for a kid who just turned 18, has a NHL body, but isn't an uber talent who can just step in and produce.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad