Player Discussion Will Cuylle

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Tampa Bay's 3rd line in 2020 had a 5v5 GF:GA ratio of 2:7.

Their expected numbers weren't good either.

If there's a line on the team that you need to worry about, it's the Panarin line. They've gotten caved.

Reactions: redwhiteandblue

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
puckpedia.com
We’re complaining about the third line meanwhile Carolina’s entire game is what the third line is doing.
I'm completely okay with this third line being our main possession line. Cuylle/Wennberg/Kakko might not have the goals to keep HFBNYR happy but it's undeniable just how effective they've been along the boards and keeping the pressure up north.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I believe he can score 20 -25 goals and 40 points this session. He scored 13 goals with limited ice time and no special team ice time. He better get some PP2 and PK 3 time this season. He'd be an upgrade over soft fumbling Kakko. Let Kreider help him with puck deflections and where to go on the powerplay

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
I believe he can score 20 -25 goals and 40 points this session. He scored 13 goals with limited ice time and no special team ice time. He better get some PP2 and PK 3 time this season. He'd be an upgrade over soft fumbling Kakko. Let Kreider help him with puck deflections and where to go on the powerplay
He's not scoring 20-25 in a bottom 6 role with no special teams time.its a fantasy that just isn't realistic

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
He's not scoring 20-25 in a bottom 6 role with no special teams time.its a fantasy that just isn't realistic
Reread what i said. He should get special team time. I believe he will once Kakko flubs and gets hurt and ruins his chance like he usually does

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Reread what i said. He should get special team time. I believe he will once Kakko flubs and gets hurt and ruins his chance like he usually does
Reread what I said-with a healthy Chytil back and possibly a youngster cracking the lineup,the chances of him seeing pp time are slim to none.Even if he does get pp2 time,they don't see enough ice time during powerplays anyway.Bulk of it rightfully goes to the 1st unit

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
If Cuylle is on the 3rd line with Chytil and Kakko, and everyone remains more or less healthy, I think he has a decent chance to hit 20 goals. Laf, Chytil and Kakko combined for 56 goals 2 years ago getting similar ice time/opportunities.

• Love
Reactions: RangersFan1994

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
If Cuylle is on the 3rd line with Chytil and Kakko, and everyone remains more or less healthy, I think he has a decent chance to hit 20 goals. Laf, Chytil and Kakko combined for 56 goals 2 years ago getting similar ice time/opportunities.
I think you're either underestimating chytil and kakko or overestimating cuylle.

I think he can hit 20, but he's not really the primary creator that often. He wont drive offense on that line.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I think you're either underestimating chytil and kakko or overestimating cuylle.

I think he can hit 20, but he's not really the primary creator that often. He wont drive offense on that line.
Neither actually. I'm just suggesting that as a line, they can have success if they are all healthy, and that success could result in Cuylle getting 20 goals.

Chytil is the key component of that line. 2 years ago, he had 22 goals playing with Laf and Kakko. Laf had 16 goals that year and Kakko had 18, so 20 isn't a crazy number.

If Chytil can't stay healthy, and we're left with Carrick/Brodzinski, I like that line a lot less.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Neither actually. I'm just suggesting that as a line, they can have success if they are all healthy, and that success could result in Cuylle getting 20 goals.

Chytil is the key component of that line. 2 years ago, he had 22 goals playing with Laf and Kakko. Laf had 16 goals that year and Kakko had 18, so 20 isn't a crazy number.

If Chytil can't stay healthy, and we're left with Carrick/Brodzinski, I like that line a lot less.
I think we're talking past each other.

Im trying to point out that laf being replaced doesn't immediately equal the same production, and expecting that seems kinda insane.

Reactions: Zats Muccarello

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I think we're talking past each other.

Im trying to point out that laf being replaced doesn't immediately equal the same production, and expecting that seems kinda insane.
You may be right about that, but I'd counter that Laf from 2 years ago isn't the same as Laf from last year. He wasn't driving the line then. His production was very much dependent on Chytil, just as Cuylle's production would be next season.

Disagree all you want, but it isn't crazy to suggest that a player who scored 13 goals as a rookie has a chance to score 20 as a sophomore while playing with better players.

Reactions: bhamill

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
You may be right about that, but I'd counter that Laf from 2 years ago isn't the same as Laf from last year. He wasn't driving the line then. His production was very much dependent on Chytil, just as Cuylle's production would be next season.

Disagree all you want, but it isn't crazy to suggest that a player who scored 13 goals as a rookie has a chance to score 20 as a sophomore while playing with better players.
Yeah. I agree it’s not crazy out of line to think Cuylle COULD net 20. But pencilng it in is getting ahead of ourselves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad