Value of: Will Borgen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Will they be able to re-sign him for less than 4 mil AAV?

Yes, easily. Borgen is good but he doesn't have the experience to command a big salary yet. I could see a 1 of 2 year deal though where he tries to earn that leverage.

He had an excellent season and the Kraken have no reason to move him unless they get over the top returns.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Yes, easily. Borgen is good but he doesn't have the experience to command a big salary yet. I could see a 1 of 2 year deal though where he tries to earn that leverage.

He had an excellent season and the Kraken have no reason to move him unless they get over the top returns.
If a team like Buffalo comes in telling Seattle that they're willing to offer a 4.2 mil offer sheet for 4-5 years, but prefer to work out a trade that returns more than the 2nd rd pick that comes as compensation (out of good faith), what does Seattle do then?

Reactions: HOOats

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
If a team like Buffalo comes in telling Seattle that they're willing to offer a 4.2 mil offer sheet for 4-5 years, but prefer to work out a trade that returns more than the 2nd rd pick that comes as compensation (out of good faith), what does Seattle do then?

I would match.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

He’s arbitration eligible And a UFA next summer. I would not expect him to sign for cheap. I see him getting $3M in arbitration at least.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
He’s arbitration eligible And a UFA next summer. I would not expect him to sign for cheap. I see him getting $3M in arbitration at least.

Fair point.

If the Kraken have to give him a big offer to keep him (something like $3.5m x 4) I would do it, I think Borgen is ready for harder roles. He hasn't had to play a big role yet, but I think he can.

Reactions: Irie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad