AHL: Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins: '24-'25 The Players Sully Hates

Randy Butternubs

Registurd User
Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
What’s going on with him? I haven’t watched a minute of Wilkes…is he playing well but just not scoring and unlucky on a few bounces, or is his overall play not up to snuff yet?

The two periods I watched of him were not encouraging. See above.

edit to add: his -2 last night weren't because of his play. Larsson should've had the first goal (McG had nothing to do with it). And the second goal against was an empty netter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The two periods I watched of him were not encouraging. See above.

edit to add: his -2 last night weren't because of his play. Larsson should've had the first goal (McG had nothing to do with it). And the second goal against was an empty netter.
I guess he’s getting himself ready to play on the big club then, where putrid play is mandatory…

Randy Butternubs

Registurd User
Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
McG Katchouk Koivunen
Bemstrom Broz Poulin
Gruden Koppanen Andonovski
Imama Ansons Hayes

Aho Hollowell
Pickering Clurman
Lee Brickey

Jarry
Larsson

Jarry made a save.

Annnnd the stream is down. aaaaaand it's back.

No Rachel tonight. :( Instead we got this bro looking like Ham from The Sandlot.

I did not watch last night but the announcer just said that McG was their best player last night.

Aaaaaand the stream is down again...

Off to the PK.

Stream down yet again. why tf am I paying for this?

Gruden with a hell of a PK shift and almost set up Ansons for a goal.

Last edited:

Randy Butternubs

Registurd User
Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
PP time :)

I'm not entirely sure why Ando is on PP1 but he just wrecked a dman after that faceoff.

McG missed a wide open net on the PP. Hit the side of the net.

Welp, end of 1. Not too much good or bad to report on anyone.

Reactions: hn777

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
My main takeaway from the first was that Brickley seemed kind of lost in the D zone. Kept making bizarre plays

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Our former high first round defenseman is now holding down the Crunch D, his sixth ahl team in the last six years. Sad thing is his play pretty much predicted this career path for the start.

Randy Butternubs

Registurd User
Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Our former high first round defenseman is now holding down the Crunch D, his sixth ahl team in the last six years. Sad thing is his play pretty much predicted this career path for the start.

Reddit had a thread this summer about "biggest draft bust" and they selected Pouliot. I thought there had to be someone else that would be a "better" pick for that award, but no, I think they got it right.

#15 (Koppanen?) with a nifty dish to Gruden for a sly redirect on goal. Still 0-0 though.

Poo goal! Nice plays by that line of he, Broz, and Bem.

Last edited:

Randy Butternubs

Registurd User
Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Jarrys been solid

I didn't like the Penguins re-signing him and I honestly don't really like him as a player... but I hope he recovers from whatever this funk is.

To the PP! The first one was decent.

PP2 gets it done. Nice redirect by Hayes. And a nice pass by... Hollowell?

2-1 now, I missed that goal as I was looking at something on Zillow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Malkinstheman

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I didn't like the Penguins re-signing him and I honestly don't really like him as a player... but I hope he recovers from whatever this funk is.

To the PP! The first one was decent.

PP2 gets it done. Nice redirect by Hayes. And a nice pass by... Hollowell?
My first thought is his reconditioning stint gets in the way of playing opportunity for their young goalies. But from a business perspective, with as much $$ as you’ve got invested in Jarry, and given his current market value, you’re going to try anything to fix his play. We’ll see if attempting to boost his confidence against lesser comp works.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Randy Butternubs

Registurd User
Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Murashov is playing tonight in Wheeling btw. I might be able to switch to that game at intermission or once this WBS game is over.

Broz may have scored on the PP with like 0 seconds left. Yes he did!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jacob

Randy Butternubs

Registurd User
Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I've admittedly not really been focusing on the third period. It's the beers and me looking at Zillow.

Anyway, Murashov has now let in a goal halfway thru the 2nd. Only 8 SA though. It's a light workload which I know can be an issue for goalies. 2 GA on 9 SA now. Will have to see the highlights to see what that's about.

This WBS announcer uses "bebops" as a verb and I can't help but think of the anime.

1o0ov2v14vq71.gif

Speaking of this announcer, when I had Twitter he was quite responsive to my questions. Seems like a cool dude.

Last edited:
Reactions: eXile3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad