AHL: Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins: '24-'25 The Players Sully Hates

Solution

May 20, 2010
Cheswick, PA
Kain Tisi intrigues me as a goalie coach. I know the Penguins hired a bunch of Leafs scouts and coaches as well but I do find it curious how the goalie coaching changes go on. Usually the goalie that becomes the #1 they will favour the voice he wants - Fleury had Bales, Murray had Buckley, then the Penguins promoted Chiodo to take over and now Tisi is the Goalie Coach/Developmental in WBS.

He came over in 2021-22, its hard to really read the impact they have - The goalies are all up and down in WBS, last year was one of the better seasons under TIsi mainly helping the goalies in WBS for 3yrs.

Meanwhile, Chiodo, I'm not sure what's up but its like our goalies have a strong start under him and then falter after the second half, this year being a different beast altogether.
I think that it was the Islanders when Barry Trotz came in as head coach, and he almost set up an entire hockey operations staff focused on goaltending. If I am remembering it correctly, he had a director of goalie development and then the coaches at each level as well as goalie development coaches and scouts just for goalies. That might be where this is going.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Sike Mullivan

Nickstuitveness.
Nov 15, 2010
Giroux is the first one I thought of. I remember when I lived on that side of the state he always looked like a world beater with Hershey.
Insane he had a stretch 2 AHL seasons where he totaled 110 goals and 200 points in 138 games, and then ends his NHL career with 12 points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad