AHL: Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins: '24-'25 The Players Sully Hates

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Saturday.

Some cuts at WBS today.

Forward Bennett MacArthur has been reassigned by the Pittsburgh Penguins from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton to Wheeling. Also, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton has reassigned forwards Jack Beck, Atley Calvert, Mathieu De St. Phalle, Kyle Jackson and Gabe Klassen, as well as defenseman Mats Lindgren to the Nailers.

Goaltender Jaxon Caster will report to Wheeling, as well.

They seemed to like Hayes because he played a lot- missed some time with injury but was often in the lineup when healthy- even despite zero production for most of the year.

He got hot finally, I think all of his goals came in the last 8 or so games.

Yeah, he's going to get an NHL contract after a couple months if his play keeps up. They likely haven't done it yet because of their proximity to the contract limit.

Wheeling was the best team in the organization last season, and with a lot of the same team returning, they should be good again. They lost in the second round to the team that won the Kelly Cup.

I like what little I saw of Caster, too.

Where’s Jelsma? He should’ve gotten an ELC.

Injured I believe.

That's what I want to see to be honest. He definitely has the offensive capabilities. Had a goal and assit last year in 2 games in the playoffs when he came over. I want to see him and Broz dominate up the middle.

WBS signed Katchouk to an AHL deal. He's played 176 NHL games, so should be a good veteran i guess since WBS is super young this season.

I liked him when he was with, I think, Syracuse. WBS keeps adding talent and I'll be disappointed if they don't go far this season.

Just seems like too many forwards. But they do it every year and it doesn’t ever seem to be an issue.

They do have some open spots for veterans. Only Bemstrom, Koppanen and Renouf count. And now Katchouk.

And maybe Huntington too.

Is this the cast-off Tkachuk step brother?

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Schedule:

First game is Saturday the 12th. I don't think I'll be able to watch but maybe I can watch the replay on Sunday.

MeinerEiner

Dec 9, 2013
Cologne
I'm excited for this upcoming season. Guys like Broz, Pickering, Koivunen etc. should have a huge impact on the team this year. I think the Pens in general are moving in the right direction, slow, but they are moving.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad