GDT: Wild vs Jets 7:00 CT [tank talk --> tank thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Man are Oiler fans pissed after last night's game against Calgary , i can barely stand dealing with this season and we made the playoffs last season ! I can't imagine going through 10 years of this .

It is really something when you think about it. This and worse than this for 10 years. After a while you just stay with it out of sheer stubbornness.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Disagree. East and West Exchange have reached critical mass and plenty of downtown development, residential and otherwise underway and coming. Plenty of young and old looking for a more contemporary urban lifestyle and opting to be downtown rather than Sage Beach Phase X. Not MTL or TOR yet but at last trending in the right direction (and I'm a Londoner!).

lol.
how can you disagree when i say it's 10-20 years away. the 2 new condo developments will be huge in changing things.
20 years ago, i tried to get a loft in the Exchange to live in. it was illegal. not zoned or fire coded for it.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
lol.
how can you disagree when i say it's 10-20 years away. the 2 new condo developments will be huge in changing things.
20 years ago, i tried to get a loft in the Exchange to live in. it was illegal. not zoned or fire coded for it.

I guess because I disagree. There's more than 2 condo developments, a new U of W res, new extensions to the WAG, Museum, etc., at least one new home built and another one (five star) as pat of True North Place, the renewed convention centre, Forks redevelopment -- all completed, in progress or breaking ground shortly and not 10-20 years away.

Back to the game -- Jets jumping...

...but missing passes. Ouch.

Last edited:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Man this marble mouthed Randorf is hard to understand with such a speech impediment!:help:

What forward isn't dressed tonight, is Tanev playing. Just got here!

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Don't mean to hijack this thread but just caught the pre game national anthems and the woman who sang has to rank amongst the best I've heard in 40 years of watching hockey. Simple is best, just beautiful.

Some like her some don't. She is a local music teacher and does her 100% best at all times.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Well that would be why I can't watch it. Odd that TSN 3 on the tsn go app says they'll be showing it at 8

This game is owned by Sportsnet so while you can watch a replay of Canada vs. Denmark in Men's curling on TSN you will not see this game on TSN.
I wonder if you could watch it on Centre Ice. Maybe not in Winnipeg.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I just realized how much I miss the Condor. We just don't have a 6' 8" puck-moving D-man to replace him.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
So according to ESPN box score, Tanev is scratched, who is 56 for the Jets tonight or am I seeing things?

Never mind! Must be the wine!

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Quick question but what does rent go for in a city like Winnipeg?
16 years ago, my rent was laughable. less than $600 cnd for a 100 year old 2 bedroom apartment that had a working fireplace and had a dining room. that included parking and utilities (but no AC)

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Petanning! Great shift again by this line. Armia Armissing by a hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad