Confirmed with Link: Wild Sign Zuccarello 5yrs $6m aav

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Zuccarello being Zuccarello when his childhood team had a kickoff earlier today.

"Very cool that Zucca on his own initiative shows up at the barbecue after VIF's first official ice training, eats a hot dog, strolls around, poses for pictures and chats with big and small. Very many who makes much less than a quarter of a billion had been too cool. Good man!"

I realize many don't like the contract, but with the amount of angst and uncertainty there'll be around the team going into the season I'm not at all disappointed to have him on board.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I realize many don't like the contract, but with the amount of angst and uncertainty there'll be around the team going into the season I'm not at all disappointed to have him on board.
I'm plenty happy with having him here, and I think the angst over the contract is way overblown.

Reactions: AJ Thelen

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I thought it was a dumb and confusing signing for a team such as the Wild. The NMC and the 5 year term is a killer. Nothing against Zuccarello, but shouldn't he be going to team that is ready to contend, and just needs one more piece to get them over the top?

That ain't us.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Is there or would there be any interest in Kreider?
I honestly don’t know what the plan is for the Wild but more curious than anything of thoughts of reuniting Krieder with Zucc?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I thought it was a dumb and confusing signing for a team such as the Wild. The NMC and the 5 year term is a killer. Nothing against Zuccarello, but shouldn't he be going to team that is ready to contend, and just needs one more piece to get them over the top?

That ain't us.
That 5 year deal is really only 3 year deal with options though. Also, he is what we needed if we are still trying to make the playoffs instead of tanking - which I am completely against (Just say no to tanking!).

We HAD to replace some of what we lost when we gave away Granlund.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I honestly don’t know what the plan is for the Wild but more curious than anything of thoughts of reuniting Krieder with Zucc?
I like him as a player, but the Wild are already completely overloaded with left-shot LWs, so I don't think there's any chance that would happen.

Hard to say what the direction is without a GM, but the owner wants to stay competitive.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

That ain't us.

No it's not.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

I might be interested. Having him in our lineup would be great for our goalies!

But jokes aside, I'm honestly not sure what needs to happen with this team - largely due to half of it's forwards being old as dirt and the other half young up-and-comers, with a lonely Zucker in the middle - but I'm reasonably sure that adding Kreider to it isn't a part of the solution. What would the Rangers be looking for in a Kreider deal? Unless it's an older player, I see no reason on our side. I'm not sure any of our older players besides Suter are as good as Kreider anymore.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
You're overrating Kreider. Parise, Koivu and Staal are better players. On top of that, Kreider's contract is expiring this year...do we really want to re-sign him after that? At what point do we stop collecting wingers, let alone left wings?

I see zero reason to trade for Kreider. Hell, we should have just kept Coyle.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
You're overrating Kreider. Parise, Koivu and Staal are better players. On top of that, Kreider's contract is expiring this year...do we really want to re-sign him after that? At what point do we stop collecting wingers, let alone left wings?

I dunno, I think Donato is going to be a pretty good player. Coyle's inconsistency with assertiveness always bothered me.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Donato might be good, or not. He has proven nothing, and is already 23.
Coyle can be frustrating, but you can't ignore his talent, his stretches of good play, and his ability to play RW/C, both of which the Wild need(as opposed to LW's).
If you are going to laud Donato for his stretch of productive play in a regular season for a mediocre team, then you can't ignore Coyle's excellent playoff performance on a run to the Stanley cup finals, where he was consistently one of the Bruin's three best players.

Donato simply wasn't a need for the Wild, whether we kept Granlund or not.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Wonder how Zuccarello is feeling about his signing now.

Reporter: How do you feel about the GM getting fired?

Zuccarello: It's always sad when something like this happens, but to me personally it means nothing.
I never had a chance to meet the guy, I don't know much about him.

Reporter: But wasn't Fenton the man behind your contract?

Zuccarello: Yes, but so was the owner and the head coach. To me it was the total package.

Reporter: What are your plans for the next few weeks?

Zuccarello: Training camp starts in September, but I'm heading over to Minnesota later this month.
I want to get into the system there asap. I also need to find myself a place to stay.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota

At least it will give us our own "Accidentally on purpose" goalie bowling ball.

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
Donato might be good, or not. He has proven nothing, and is already 23.
Coyle can be frustrating, but you can't ignore his talent, his stretches of good play, and his ability to play RW/C, both of which the Wild need(as opposed to LW's).
If you are going to laud Donato for his stretch of productive play in a regular season for a mediocre team, then you can't ignore Coyle's excellent playoff performance on a run to the Stanley cup finals, where he was consistently one of the Bruin's three best players.

Donato simply wasn't a need for the Wild, whether we kept Granlund or not.

I kind of see what you are saying. But saying a guy who is a potential goal scorer isn't a need is ludicrous.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Donato has scored 15 goals in the NHL , and he's 23. Who's being ludicrous?

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Reporter: How do you feel about the GM getting fired?

Zuccarello: It's always sad when something like this happens, but to me personally it means nothing.
I never had a chance to meet the guy, I don't know much about him.

Reporter: But wasn't Fenton the man behind your contract?

Zuccarello: Yes, but so was the owner and the head coach. To me it was the total package.

Reporter: What are your plans for the next few weeks?

Zuccarello: Training camp starts in September, but I'm heading over to Minnesota later this month.
I want to get into the system there asap. I also need to find myself a place to stay.
Haha. In the NHL, there was one guy who could have possibly been disappointed that Fenton was fired and even that guy was like "Sounds good. I only knew him as the idiot that gave me this massive contract."

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
He'll create a lot of fun in the locker room, and expect him to show up wearing his new lizard t-shirt.

Fenton will turn out a genius once Mats gets going here ;)

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He'll create a lot of fun in the locker room, and expect him to show up wearing his new lizard t-shirt.

Fenton will turn out a genius once Mats gets going here ;)
No, genius he was not. But it could be a blind squirrel who found a nut.

BTW, I liked the signing from the moment it was even rumored.

Reactions: AJ Thelen

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Something positive has to come out of the Fenton era.

A feisty hobbit who's Chara's nightmare :DD

B_B2u0wW8AA7sMT.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad