Speculation: Wild may trade a defenseman

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Wild are in a pickle, because Spurgeon comes back soon, and Ryan Murphy has been pretty good. A few more games and neither Reilly or Olofsson, or maybe it was someone else, will be able to be sent down without waivers. Too many d'men. Get something or lose them for nothing.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think the Wild are going to have to send Reilly down till they get this situation sorted out. Normally, I wouldn't worry about losing Prosser, but if we lose him and Murphy goes back to being Murphy then we are back where we started. I don't think it's a coincidence that the Wild have been on a winning streak since they acquired Prosser.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Is DeAngelo not liked in NYR or is his value just low?

Not quite either.
He does have to prove himself, but like most did not immediately = NHL ready on day 1. Once he got here, I think intent was to give him a shot. However, there are too many Ds = logjam, not only DeA but also Pionk, Graves are forced to standby while we are waiting to strategically move Smith, Staal, and as a rental McDonagh. DeAngelo can be moved without waivers, and that is huge at this point, so rather than play down in pecking order behind Shattenkirk, it is smarter to give him mo mins in the A.

As to value, no ? NY adds as Dumba is already proven to offer most of what we hope DeA could be. Including him - and his elc status - is only a base for Wild to have that upside, but Rangers have to come up with another mutually acceptable piece, not sure off top of my head who/what that is.

Like I said, Dumba not likely moved, Minny makes other D moved, my observation/suggestion would be fallback plan b.

Yep.
It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone considering how talented he is and how he's on his 3rd NHL team and has only played a combined 47 NHL games.
He's like a less talented version of MDZ.

pls see above

Even if MN wanted to trade Dumba, they wouldn't trade him for pieces. In any event, they can't take on extra contracts, or cap.
also pls see above
DeA would help w/cap, player movement/roster
If wild wanna minimize contracts/players, we could talk picks if we can agree on what is reasonable actual/+ conditional pick(s).
However, again, Dumba to NY is fallback, not likely

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad