Proposal: Wild-Islanders

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
To Wild------Dobson, Nelson, Pulkkinen, 2025 1st.

To Islander--Kaprizov, Rossi.

Probably cost what you posted even if you removed Rossi entirely. Kaprizov won't be traded at a rental price. He'd cost the farm and I say that as a massive Dobson fan. Anyone trading Dobson for Kaprizov only does it with an extension in place so I think it's top dollar trade value or he isn't even considered to be moved.

Rest of the package, Nelson is 33 tomorrow. Islanders always find a way to fight in the standings so this isn't going to really high 1st and Pulkkinen don't know much about him but a recent 2nd rounder these aren't adds even to tip the scales moving Kaprizov for Dobson when they already have a top pairing RD in Faber.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
To Wild------Dobson, Nelson, Pulkkinen, 2025 1st.

To Islander--Kaprizov, Rossi.
Nope.gif

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Dobson is a legit stud so he is obviously a high end piece to add. But I don't see the Wild doing this. They will go right to the last minute to keep Kaprizov.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I understand why you want to make the move but it’s not necessary. Let’s fix the 4th line RW first and then go from there.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think it’s a decent proposal

But I think wild focus should be resigning kaprizov

And I don’t think islanders should be moving dobson

Kaprizov is a top 5 winger in the league
Dobson might be a top 5 dmen in the league, if he’s not too 5 he’s certainly top 10

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
DeepSouth of PNW
I'm guessing the Kaprizov situation will go one of two ways.

The Wild gaslight Kap into saying they will be a SC contender within a couple of season and extend him long term.

-or-

The Wild become stubborn and hang on to him in the futile hopes Kap will sign a pity contract. In his final contract year BillyG will call it "their own internal rental" for their high hopes/low results playoff run of 2026. Then trade his rights for a 3rd round pick.

Wild owner Craig Leipold did say no team can offer more term or will offer more money than the Wild. To his credit, Leipold is not adverse to spending money if he think it will improve the team. Only I don't think Kaprizov primary goal is money. He's a gamer, he wants Cups.

With Kaprizov my strongest memory of him is his first Wild training camp. He was practicing with the B squad during camp. He told the coach that he didn't come to America to play with shit. He was practicing with the NHL group after that. I believe it was in a Russo article. That told me a lot about him. He's a winner that wants to surrounded by the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: iggy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad