Confirmed with Link: Wild buying out Parise and Suter

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
So, we’re operating with pretty much a 71M salary cap through 2024-25. We could afford Eichel this year quite easily, but after that? I’m not so sure.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
we can lose soucy and resign cole to fill his shoes with ease, he was on the radio vocally saying he wants to be back. problem solved. we are going 7-3-1 not 4-4-1 to protect soucy.

I'm not sure we can afford to lose both Suter and Soucy. The foundation of our roster success is the structure of our D. Starting 2 rookies, one in your top 4, seems like a recipe for disaster given the lack of high-end forward talent I expect on the roster even given some improvement in free agency and hopefully Boldy/Rossi on the roster.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
good bye to the golf club mentality!

God i love Guerin, Rebuild in full effect.

This could backfire and have a decade long effect on this franchise, which may be a negative one. Tough to rebuild when you have $15M in dead cap for two consecutive years. I've never been a huge Guerin supporter but choosing now to double-down on the love affair is curious.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
I just thought of something..... edmonton traded for keith when they couldve signed suter for free

images

Last edited:

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I'm not sure we can afford to lose both Suter and Soucy. The foundation of our roster success is the structure of our D. Starting 2 rookies, one in your top 4, seems like a recipe for disaster given the lack of high-end forward talent I expect on the roster even given some improvement in free agency and hopefully Boldy/Rossi on the roster.
What success? We have gone nowhere and haven’t sniffed a presidents trophy. We did well great, soucy can be replaced by Cole and then we role a mediocre bottom pair which we can possibly make a decent bottom pairing still

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Holy shit, I never even considered buying out Suter

Let's see how it pans out, but at least you can't fault Guerin for lack of decisiveness.

Reactions: GuerinUp

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
This could backfire and have a decade long effect on this franchise, which may be a negative one. Tough to rebuild when you have $15M in dead cap for two consecutive years. I've never been a huge Guerin supporter but choosing now to double-down on the love affair is curious.

IDK, he must think some of our rookies are better than hes led on... Either way, im on board with this massive shakeup... it was LONGGG due.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Uff da. Parise makes sense. Suter not quite as much. How do we keep Rossi or Boldy in a couple years?
No problem, still on ELC's. I am guessing that the Lizard shouldn't plan any significant house renos, though. Time to get Dewar, Marat, and ROR on a steroid/workout regimen to have them ready for 22-23.

Reactions: zellmatic

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Suter is a complete shock.

They are doing the right thing with retaining Dumba though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad