Why this STUPID start to the season?

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Who decides it??? Way to pump up your franchise. The first 10 days of the season your games are too late for anyone to watch them. Everybody else on the east coast starts the season with primetime games, but you just - don't. You've played 4 games that nobody sees except on highlights, where you lose, and now you're last in the conference. Hey let's deliberately start the season in the poorest, lowest visibility fashion possible. Some teams are like - YES HOCKEY IS BACK!!!! The Flyers are like "Hey guys hear me out - everybody else is hyping up the start of their season - what if we like - don't!"

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I agree that it's dumb, but I also think it's dumb that they play every WC team twice a season. I couldn't care less about them playing like 90% of the western conference.

Reactions: Rebels57

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Is much rather see Edmonton and Utah play here than extra games against the Islanders and Devils.

No, that’s at Christmas.

Flyers also didn’t want to have to deal with the Phillies
Makes sense to avoid early October home games when you have a playoff baseball team across the street.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Is much rather see Edmonton and Utah play here than extra games against the Islanders and Devils.

Makes sense to avoid early October home games when you have a playoff baseball team across the street.
If you notice, over the last decade or so, the Flyers are always loaded up with interconfrence games early. So when they always had poor starts, they managed to climb back into playoff races to the degree they could was because they were always playing the right teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad