Why did Quebec not get a team?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
No, they are not but if the Montreal owner kicks up a fuss, he is being a prick and hurting Canadian hockey.

The only thing I have against the U.S. and U.S. hockey is the number of folks who are snotty and insufferable about hockey in general and who deeply resent Canada and the amount of money Canadians pour into this game that allowed the growth of the game and people like you to appreciate it.

As I have said MANY times, keep Canadian money (T.V., merch, tickets, advertising dollars) IN Canada.
Expand in the U.S. on your own nickel.

I think molson is on record of saying it would be nice to have the nords back, but he might just be saying that knowing it's a longshot in happening.

Regardless, I'm not sure how much the Habs get out of the QC market. Those two cities don't seem to have alot in common despite being kind of close in proximity.

Reactions: ORRFForever

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
No current teams. But book it, one day it will happen.
Listen, if a MBL club can move from one place to another à la Oakland IS moving. .... I definitely believe one day it will again happen in the NHL

You really beleive that it will never happen again in the NHL?

Oakland ownership has no money for a new stadium and the city and or county won't pay for one. That is why Oakland is moving.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
No they moved the team because it didn't work. NHL did accept a pro team to play in a 5000 seats barn.

Call me when you see this in a Canada Arena...

Are you complaining that an American arena sells food cheaper?????

Arthur Blank (the Atlanta Falcons owner) decided to lower concession stand prices to get more people to buy food and drinks. And according to him, he is making more money on concessions with the lower prices then with the higher prices.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Oakland ownership has no money for a new stadium and the city and or county won't pay for one. That is why Oakland is moving.
There is always a reason to move a team. Pick in a bucket. Québec did move for the same reason, the Old Colisée was not a NHL barn by the standard in 1995.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Are you complaining that an American arena sells food cheaper?????

Arthur Blank (the Atlanta Falcons owner) decided to lower concession stand prices to get more people to buy food and drinks. And according to him, he is making more money on concessions with the lower prices then with the higher prices.
Complaining.... lol. I am extremely surprise on some Americain folks sensitivity.

I am all on rebate, low prices concession, and if a team could give tickets, I would be happy..... was just pointing out that those lower prices are rarely and/or not present in a Canadian barn....for evidence I hope I don't have to explain.

Question-: Have you been at a game at least once in a Canadian arena, exemple in Montréal? If not, I understand you don't understand what I am saying.

Moreover, have you been once in Canada?

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
Complaining.... lol. I am extremely surprise on some Americain folks sensitivity.

I am all on rebate, low prices concession, and if a team could give tickets, I would be happy..... was just pointing out that those lower prices are rarely and/or not present in a Canadian barn....for evidence I hope I don't have to explain.

Question-: Have you been at a game at least once in a Canadian arena, exemple in Montréal? If not, I understand you don't understand what I am saying.

Moreover, have you been once in Canada?

What are you talking about sensitivity? I asked if you are complaining about cheap concession prices? I understand that Everybody overcharges for their services, that's why I don't buy anything at the games.

And to answer your question, no the wife and I have not had the privilege to go to a game across the border. It's on my list (I'm trying to go to all NHL stadiums and catch a game). And yes, I have visited Canada a couple of times. How do you think that I got to the Hockey Hall of Fame?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad