Post-Game Talk: Who's Your Captain - Jets Win 5-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Stafford with a shout out to the "two 21 year old centers" who are really playing a strong role down the stretch.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Everyone played good tonight. But I have to say Trouba made some bone headed plays in their own zone. Almost like he was being too cocky with the puck.

Trouba has been good but not great, still quite a feat to say considering his age at the hardest position to play in the NHL.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
That Scheifele sure can shoot the puck. Stafford, him, and Wheels is a really frickin good line right now.

getting Stempniak was also a great move. I really like him.

love me some Adam Lowry (tickled pink at our two 21 year old centres...actually MS may be 22 now but still :):):)

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
3540696_o.gif
3540696_o.gif
3540696_o.gif

3540696_o.gif
3540696_o.gif
3540696_o.gif

3540696_o.gif
3540696_o.gif
3540696_o.gif

That win was awesome, was deserving of a full rating of 9 Rad Jets Guys out of 9.

Wheeler was flying out there; Scheif was freakin' dancing.

PS: Big Adam Lowry update....

466638564_slide.jpg

Source: nhl.com

Still a beast.

seasontixholder*

Trouba has been good but not great, still quite a feat to say considering his age at the hardest position to play in the NHL.

I agree. But he needs to know not to play with the puck in his own end zone.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Stafford was an amazing pick up. Fits the group's style in the room and on the ice. Genius throw in, also helps Myers, (Best player in the deal? maybe) with the transition.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Stafford with a shout out to the "two 21 year old centers" who are really playing a strong role down the stretch.

I really think Stafford is a guy the Jets should make every effort to hold onto. Works hard, he is a very smart player and he seems to be a really good teammate. Something around $4 M per year over 3 years should be a nice fit.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
Stafford at $4M over Frolik at $5M for me, every day of the week and twice on Saturday night.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Agreed. I think we are just starting to see what he is capable of. In a couple years he may be a real force for this team.

I think he is just a step behind in really pulling off the highlight reel stuff. He dangles and beats players but just can't seem to finish it off just yet. When he does he will be something else. He has got the solid two way play down pretty good and the rest is coming for #55.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Stafford at $4 over Frolik at $5 for me, every day of the week and twice on Saturday night.

I would not come close to 5 for Frolik, and I like him.

I'd give him 4.
He'll get more on the open market, but if you spend 5 on Frolik you'll be in trouble when other contracts come up.

lablite47

Jan 22, 2013
Wpg
Everyone played good tonight. But I have to say Trouba made some bone headed plays in their own zone. Almost like he was being too cocky with the puck.

I've been trying to put my finger on what I don't really like about Troubs and this is it! He is very good, don't get me wrong, but he seems just a tad too confident almost an arrogance to him that he sometimes just tries to do too much and gets caught and/or gets beat. I think this is just a maturity thing though, not to worry. He's only 21 or whatever. He will mature into a beaut!

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Atmosphere was electric. Snagged a Recycle Everywhere pair of mitts. Only thing missing was the wave, but I suspect have the crowd was so inebriated they probably couldn't handle standing up and sitting down so much in a short span of time.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Wheeler was fantastic tonight, he had an extra gear for sure.

Thought him and Scheif were the two best players on the ice.

Halischuk is such an upgrade over Peluso,

I'd rather see O'Dell on the 3rd line but he sure makes that 4th line mote stable. Just no way Slater should get more ice than him.

Lee Stempniak is a perfect fit for this team.

Enstrom was ridiculously good tonight, just amazing how many battles he wins.

Myers and Stafford, can't say enough about what these guys have added.

When Little, Perreault, Buff and Chiarot return this team is going to a lot to handle. Can't wait.

seasontixholder*

Trouba has never struck me as cocky.

I think he makes poor decisions, but its never struck me as cocky.

I don't mean his attitude as a person but when he's playing with the puck in his end, almost like I dare you to take the puck from me.

seasontixholder*

Out of all the players to be signed, I want Staff the most. What a solid player.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Trouba has never struck me as cocky.

I think he makes poor decisions, but its never struck me as cocky.

I don't think he's cocky, just confident.

That play where he lost the puck to the player was Marleau if I remember correctly. Better defense men have been undressed by him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad