Boston Bruins Who's the next Captain?

2023-24 Captain

• Total voters

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Marchand for sure. Just like Bergy, Marchy's level of competitiveness is off the charts. There is nothing he won't do for his teammates. Marchy is now the team leader. A more hotheaded leader than Bergy was, but no doubt he will be a good captain.

IveGotToBeMe

Jul 1, 2012
RI
I honestly think Brad deserves it but voted Pasta because it could be a bit odd to trade your captain at the deadline...not that this never happened (see Bourque, Raymond).

And, no, I don't already think they'll be selling at the deadline. I am not judging this team until the roster is complete and they play the games.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
has anyone said mitch miller yet?
IMG_0597.jpeg

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Has DK officially retired? What if he comes back for one more swing?

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
It will be Marchand if he wants it. No doubt being the tenured bruin, but I am slightly against for one reason. Pissed off rat Marchand is definitely the better Marchand. He plays better that way. If he has to continue the mantel of Bergeron, he may become a model citizen and I am not sure if that will be good for his game. Something I'll certainly be interested in watching.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
there's no better fit than this guy in boston. perfect marriage. lysell, 1st whatever...getter done.
I love Poitras but agree

I’m no scout so not sure how Calgary sees it but if it’s three top forward prospects and their next 1 you gotta do it

Sweeney aims big so this has to be his target all things added up

Hopefully Lindholm talked to Hanifin what a great place Boston is

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
troublemaker

Will be Brad. Mac isn't ready yet
Very strongly disagree. Marchand does not have the reputation around the league and with refs to be a viable option as captain. The fact people are saying he is hands down the best option is laughable

Big time voice in the locker room but not wearing the C

• Haha
Reactions: BMC and SonnyBoy

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
It will be Marchand if he wants it. No doubt being the tenured bruin, but I am slightly against for one reason. Pissed off rat Marchand is definitely the better Marchand. He plays better that way. If he has to continue the mantel of Bergeron, he may become a model citizen and I am not sure if that will be good for his game. Something I'll certainly be interested in watching.

They’ll need to use a signal like Ted Lasso did for Jamie Tarrt. To shift into prick mode.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Very strongly disagree. Marchand does not have the reputation around the league and with refs to be a viable option as captain. The fact people are saying he is hands down the best option is laughable

I think people are forgetting this. He won't have any leverage with the officials, not with his history & reputation. Not hating on him, just stating a fact. Officials would listen to Chara & Bergeron as they had the respect of everyone in the NHL.

I'd go with no C until he retires or is traded. If by some miracle DK comes back I'd give him the C.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario

This is SO far off base. In my best junior B season I played 43 games and had 398 minutes in penalties. Guess who had the best relationship with the officials?

Don't be confused - there are guys that play like Marchy who command respect, and there are guys who play like Marchy who get zero respect. He is 10,000% in the former class, in part fueled by his change over the years.

He'd be a GREAT captain, and will be.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Disagree. He speaks to the guys in stripes and they listen. He speaks to the players and coaches and they listen. He sets up plays and they are usually good. Mac isn't ready and it would NOT be good for him or anyone to burden him with the "C" before he is ready. Brad is far more respected around the league (by players, refs and coaches) than you know.

He has matured and no one else is yet ready to wear the "C".

I will be very disappointed if Brad doesn't get the "C".

I think people are forgetting this. He won't have any leverage with the officials, not with his history & reputation. Not hating on him, just stating a fact. Officials would listen to Chara & Bergeron as they had the respect of everyone in the NHL.

I'd go with no C until he retires or is traded. If by some miracle DK comes back I'd give him the C.
The officials do listen to Brad. They have for several years. We see it every game. At first (years ago) we were surprised but it is true.

I know you don't like Brad but he is the best leader on the Bs now.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

DK is a great player but not a leader. There is a reason he did not wear the "A" last season (he may have worn it once).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad