Who's our 3rd best prospect?

Who's our 3rd best prospect ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Zadina wins the 1st round and Cholowski is the clear cut 2.

Let's go straight to 3rd best.

Added three next guys from the summer polls, Berggren, Svechnikov and McIsaac.

1. RW - Filip Zadina, 50 votes (43.9%)
4. LD - Dennis Cholowski, 48 votes (42.1%)

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Toss up between Hronek, Rasmussen, and Veleno.

Went with Hronek just cause I like what I've seen from him at the pro level. Rasmussen has a lot of potential but is so raw still, and need to see how Veleno looks out of Juniors. But the WJC could change things.

Add Saarijarvi for the next poll.

Reactions: MikeyDee

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
How can players that are on the Wings be prospects? They are no longer prospects at this point. So for me it's little Z 1st, Hronek 2nd, Veleno 3rd, Saarijarvi 4th.

Reactions: 21 Savage

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
How can players that are on the Wings be prospects? They are no longer prospects at this point. So for me it's little Z 1st, Hronek 2nd, Veleno 3rd, Saarijarvi 4th.

I agree. I know they're young but I dont think cholo and raz should be considered prospects any more. They're showing they can do it. Is it cause they're young?

Well then I vote larkin #1 "prospect"! Lol

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I agree. I know they're young but I dont think cholo and raz should be considered prospects any more. They're showing they can do it. Is it cause they're young?

Well then I vote larkin #1 "prospect"! Lol

I'll take 5 options per voting round from our summer voting, and add the next 1-2 best guys from the rank for the next voting round.

Limits for a "prospect" will be:

- Less than 25 NHL games
- U23 age.

Plus, I think the general idea of this is to gauge the change from the offseason to what we have seen so far this year. So might as well keep everyone that was on in the offseason.

I went with Raz, I had high expectations for him coming up from juniors. And while I've been slightly disappointed with his play so far (again, I had high expectations), his numbers are decent and he's out there creating goals with screens but not showing up on the score sheet for those

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Anyone read the limp MOD blurb about Cholowski in Pronman's "Prospects I was wrong about" article where he attempts to justify his thought process in underrating prospects?
I don’t know if he’s going to be a top-four guy on a good team, but he’s in that conversation right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Anyone read the limp MOD blurb about Cholowski in Pronman's "Prospects I was wrong about" article where he attempts to justify his thought process in underrating prospects?
If most or all good teams have 4 good d-men better than Cholowski, that's incredible and we are so screwed.

I tend to think that's not true though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ezekial

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Hronek is not a prospect anymore. He's up full time. He just won the best Dman at the WC w/11 pts, next best was OEL with 8pts. I think he's gonna surprise a lot of people this year. I think Blash should stick with the DDK-Hronek 2nd pairing, they played well together, have chemistry. Nemeth can be our #4, paired with Green.

#1 Propect=Zadina & Veleno
#2=Cholo & Seider
#3=Ras
#4=McIssac & Berggren
#5=Svech & Lindstrom

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Hronek is not a prospect anymore. He's up full time. He just won the best Dman at the WC w/11 pts, next best was OEL with 8pts. I think he's gonna surprise a lot of people this year. I think Blash should stick with the DDK-Hronek 2nd pairing, they played well together, have chemistry. Nemeth can be our #4, paired with Green.

#1 Propect=Zadina & Veleno
#2=Cholo & Seider
#3=Ras
#4=McIssac & Berggren
#5=Svech & Lindstrom

Agreed, but you realize this was voted on in November 2018....right?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I guess it goes by potential. I think I'd have Adams & Fulcher on the list
Small sample size but Hirose is 0.7 ppg in the NHL in his first 10 games, if he can keep that sort of pace he's a solid 2nd line winger. His hockey IQ is ridiculous.

From a playmaking/point production standpoint, I think Veleno is the only one with more potential. I hope Zadina will score more goals though.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Small sample size but Hirose is 0.7 ppg in the NHL in his first 10 games, if he can keep that sort of pace he's a solid 2nd line winger. His hockey IQ is ridiculous.

From a playmaking/point production standpoint, I think Veleno is the only one with more potential. I hope Zadina will score more goals though.
I'd be happy if he can maintain a 0.4 ppg in a full season. He came into the Wings when they hit a hot streak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad