Who's blowing a 3-1 series lead?

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
I think the most likely is Nashville. Series could easily be 3-1 Nashville right now.

Led Game 1 after 1 and after 2, gave up 3 goals in the 3rd and we obviously all know what happened last night in Game 4.

Reactions: Summer Rose

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
You mean you think and feel they're the most likely to come from 3-1 down?

I don't see it. They looked awful in COL. They were severely outclassed. I think it's all but over.

Colorado has looked really good and fast, but the jets have looked really bad. If they lay another egg then sure, but they haven't played a good game in this series and they played plenty of good games all season so I think they at least make it a series.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I think the most likely is Nashville. Series could easily be 3-1 Nashville right now.

Led Game 1 after 1 and after 2, gave up 3 goals in the 3rd and we obviously all know what happened last night in Game 4.

With the Canucks goaltending situation, it's very possible this goes 7 games.

If they go up by a few in Game 5, I see them closing it out. Nashville's psyche has to be rocked from Game 4.

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Colorado has looked really good and fast, but the jets have looked really bad. If they lay another egg then sure, but they haven't played a good game in this series and they played plenty of good games all season so I think they at least make it a series.

I wish I had that kind of faith in my team... haha.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
The Oilers won a game (singular) but are otherwise still near the top of the league for shots (3rd), scoring chances (5th), and high danger chances (3rd).
Oilers have scored 18 goals in 4 games and averaged 32 shots per game and 4.5 gpg.

Canucks have 11 goals in 4 games and have averaged 18 shots per game and 2.75gpg. Buddy can look a last nights game all he wants but they aren't even close to similar :laugh:

RooBicks

Oct 12, 2020
Oilers have scored 18 goals in 4 games and averaged 32 shots per game and 4.5 gpg.

Canucks have 11 goals in 4 games and have averaged 18 shots per game and 2.75gpg. Buddy can look a last nights game all he wants but they aren't even close to similar :laugh:
Canucks GF: 21
Oilers GF: 7

'Nuf said.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Seems like a miracle Van is leading their series especially considering the goalie drama but they're still gonna advance. LA has no chance even though they've done a decent job against the Oilers and deserve a better fate.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I find it hard to believe anyone even wins game 5. Usually you feel sort of good about someone, here I do not. I think Tampa/Winnipeg are the 2 I feel could win game 5
Jets are at home. Probably the best chance to extend to 6.

Isles/Bolts/Kings/Preds/Leafs are going on the road. See what happens with Dallas/Vegas and whether that is 2/2 or 3-1.

Preds been the most competitive of the teams that are down 3-1. Probably should be a 2-2 series really. Kind of same for the Isles/Canes. Both teams blew a key lead to tie the series (either 1-1 or 2-2).

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
I don't think they have the forward depth to take advantage of Vancouver's backups etc.

I do think Vancouver is in some real trouble if they get Edmonton in round two though. They would be facing a team that most definitely can take advantage of a backup in net. And a team who doesn't have issues scoring at all.

I think Vancouver is toast regardless of who they play in round 2.

Reactions: Macheteops

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Canucks have looked awful but it's kinda on Nashville for blowing two winnable games. Can't see Nashville winning three without Canucks having at least one good game.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I rather they just lose like 5-0 tomorrow

The leafs are good at giving us hope before they snatch it away at the last minute

That said, I’m just over these guys. Part of me (this will change tomorrow while I’m cheering for them to win) just wants them to totally shit the bed tomorrow night.

Taking this to game 7 or even winning this series is going to confuse the issues the team has. Another massive embarrassment should force MLSE hand to make the big changes we all know should have been made in 2021

I can still see Bruins/Leafs going to Game 7 just because it's Bruins/Leafs with Bruins obviously winning though.

The leafs can’t put 3 full games in a row together, if they push it to 7 Boston is winning anyways, so let’s just hit the offseason now.

I’m craving the “Keefe and Shanahan have been relieved of their duties” articles

I can’t wait for quennville to clean up this mess

Reactions: torontoblood

Mar 26, 2010
Hopefully Edmonton and Vancouver.

I don’t see any team blowing it though.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Both Oilers and Canucks will wrap up their series....their talent is simply to much for their opponents....I can't imagine the leafs coming back...perhaps win one more game though...

Reactions: Nuck Bonino

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs USA
    France vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $225.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Canada
    Norway vs Canada
    Wagers: 4