Who's Better New Jersey Or Buffalo ?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Nobody is going to say Buffalo until they figure out how not to be a disappointment each season. How many people have been burned saying they are going to do great but then somehow the Sabres find a way to destroy themselves.

If they make it to the playoffs this season I will actually think about this question if you bring it up again.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
New Jersey’s bottom 6 forwards are meh but Buffalo’s defense is very young.

NJ has an experienced starter Markstrom of 485 games + 26 playoff games, Buffalo’s starter Luukkonen has 100 NHL games of experience.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
What position do you think the Sabres don't have good players ? Assuming that's what you mean....I don't mean to put words in your mouth.......
RHD.

I'd take the devils top 6 pretty easily and the devils defense.

I'm a very big fan of Malenstyn and Mcleod so I'll give the edge to Buffalo's bottom 6

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
Lindy and UPL should give them a much better coach/goaltending combination then they've had in recent years , imo..........That should help quite a bit...

I think NJ has the better top 6 though......I would think they should be a regular season offensive machine under Keefe......

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
F:
Hughes>Tage
Bratt>Peterka
Hischier>Cozens
After that I think we're pretty competitive and might even give us an edge (Tuch/Quinn/Zucker about a wash with Meier/Mercer/Palát)

D:
Dahlin>Hamilton
Power>whoever you wanna say is gonna be the Devils 2D
After that it's Devils AINEC

G:
As fans of both teams will tell you, goaltending can and will make or break your season. The Devils seem to get a new guy every other year in hopes of fixing it and it never works. I think this is where the Sabres have a big advantage.

Overall I would prefer to have the Devils team (objectively, subjectively you can take Dahlin from my cold dead hands) but I think there's a good chance we do better this season.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
F:
Hughes>Tage
Bratt>Peterka
Hischier>Cozens
After that I think we're pretty competitive and might even give us an edge (Tuch/Quinn/Zucker about a wash with Meier/Mercer/Palát)

D:
Dahlin>Hamilton

G:
As fans of both teams will tell you, goaltending can and will make or break your season. The Devils seem to get a new guy every other year in hopes of fixing it and it never works. I think this is where the Sabres have a big advantage.

Overall I would prefer to have the Devils team (objectively, subjectively you can take Dahlin from my cold dead hands) but I think there's a good chance we do better this season.
I agree though Dahlin and Hamilton are very different type of defenseman with the only thing in common being their title of "defenseman"

the 2D would probably be Pesce

Reactions: Devilsfan118

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
F:
Hughes>Tage
Bratt>Peterka
Hischier>Cozens

D:
Dahlin>Hamilton

G:

Sounds pretty good overall. Sabres also have Byram and Samuelsson that are top 4D when playing well. They also have really good overall depth, so I don't think it's so cut and dry.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
F:
Hughes>Tage
Bratt>Peterka
Hischier>Cozens

D:
Dahlin>Hamilton

G:

Pesce, Hughes>Power

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
I read so many posts from Buffalo fans last year criticizing the compete and overall heart of the Sabres. I question whether the core of Buffalo has what it takes to ultimately win. Maybe guys like Power, Cozens, and Thompson learn that over time. I know the Devils played hard but poor goaltending and inexperienced blueline play held them back last season. To answer the question, right now it is NJ and it's not remotely close.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
New Jersey AINEC

Buffalo's management is awful.
IMO - it starts with ownership. Pegula's a hack. As a Hawks fan who lived with $Bill for a long time - you recognize that stench from the top anywhere. AZ had it with Merulo, NYI had it with Wang, TB had it with just about everyone pre-Vinik. Almost impossible to overcome that.

EDIT: And for the original question - the core of the NJ team when they got adequate goaltending was a 110 point team and won a play-off round. That gives them this comparison AINEC until the Sabres prove that they can pull it together for an 82 game season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad