Whom would you draft in 2023 with our first pick ?

Whom would you pick in 2023 ?

• Reinbacher

Votes: 88 48.4%
  • Michkov

Votes: 62 34.1%
  • Leonard

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • Danielson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dvorsky

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Wallinder (D)

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Benson

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Sandin-Pellika (D)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
As this question of any other fanbase in the league and whom would they select?

31/31 would take Michkov because he's simply the far better player.

Could not possibly care less what the morons on other boards would choose. I've seen enough terrible takes over the years that make their opinions nul. This is without mentioning many cannot even properly assess players currently in the NHL.

The answer is to the question is two fold:

1. Reinbacher is the better fit. Michkov becomes redundant with both Caufield and Demidov in the club.

2. It's still way too soon to say. Demidov could fizzle out. Reinbacher could bust. We don't know how much of Michkovs game will translate. I thought he was Bedards 1B, but watching him this year, even with the added production, I was wrong. I'm looking forward to seeing how his speed and lack of strength translates. That's without mentioning what Tortorella will think of the cherry picking.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I wanted Michkov, Leonard or Benson in 2023.

But today with Ivan Demidov, I prefer him to Michkov, Leonard and Benson.

I would re-pick David Reinbacher, knowing that Demidov is the pick of 2024.

Demidov + Reinbacher > Michkov + RD in this year draft.

Reinbacher is more complete d-man than Levshunov.

Reactions: MTL Dirty Birdy

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
People keep glazing over the fact that Reinbacher put up better numbers than Dahlin did in his draft year. D+1 season "regression" is the result of an absolutely terrible team. He looked great in camp in September 2023. He was very good in Laval to finish the season.

That Michkov may well be the 2nd best player in the draft doesn't enter into it for me. Whatever the list of reasons Montreal had for not taking him, just like 4 other teams after Bedard/Hawks, I'm comfortable with it.

I'm good with Reinbacher.

4 teams passed on Demidov, maybe we made a mistake by drafting him...

That's not a good argument.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
lol at the Reinbacher crowd. Could have drafted Michkov or Leonard and snagged a better dman this year regardless.

Fight me
shane-walsh.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Habs

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Michkov would still have been my pick. However, I've warmed up quite a bit to Reinbacher since then. He plays a position that is very hard to fill, so as an asset, he might end up being the more valuable one.

Plus, he seems to have the personality profile that Hughes and Gorton want for their core pieces.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
lol at the Reinbacher crowd. Could have drafted Michkov or Leonard and snagged a better dman this year regardless.

Fight me
So basically you would prefer Michkov and Parehk instead of Demidov and Reinbacher. time will tell.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Could not possibly care less what the morons on other boards would choose. I've seen enough terrible takes over the years that make their opinions nul. This is without mentioning many cannot even properly assess players currently in the NHL.

The answer is to the question is two fold:

1. Reinbacher is the better fit. Michkov becomes redundant with both Caufield and Demidov in the club.

2. It's still way too soon to say. Demidov could fizzle out. Reinbacher could bust. We don't know how much of Michkovs game will translate. I thought he was Bedards 1B, but watching him this year, even with the added production, I was wrong. I'm looking forward to seeing how his speed and lack of strength translates. That's without mentioning what Tortorella will think of the cherry picking.

My bold prediction… actually don’t think it’s all that bold…

Michkov will NOT be winning the Calder. My actual bold take is he won’t be top-5 in rookie scoring next season.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
I don't disagree. He was compared to someone selected very high going into draft, and based on his numbers. I had Dahlin in my mind when posted, but I may be misremember the name that was thrown out as a comparable.
You thinking Josi? Not drafted high but that was his comparable since they both played swiss league

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Id still go reinbacher although Leonard would be extremely tempting too.

Reinbacher is just so unique. Big mobile RD that plays aggressive, very decisive, and can move the puck up the ice quickly OR even take it in himself like we saw with his first goal in Laval.

Maybe he never exceeds 40 points, but He's going to contribute to our offence more than we think because of his skillet. I see us on the attack more often than not when he's out there. Always pushing the play up the ice, and when in the offensive zone, throwing pucks on net to create havoc.

I feel at his best, he would be alot more impactful than any other forwards left including Michkov, Benson, Leonard. Just too valuable of a position and he does it so well.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
My bold prediction… actually don’t think it’s all that bold…

Michkov will NOT be winning the Calder. My actual bold take is he won’t be top-5 in rookie scoring next season.
Joshua Roy will finish ahead of Michkov in Calder voting!

He played in German and Sweden.

There was a comparison with Seider and they were both « reaches ». I think Seider was ranked 13th and went sixth

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Leonard for me, no hesitation, he's a rare type that does and excels at everything I look for in a hockey player and with this draft our top 6 for the future would have been set

Slaf Suzuki Demidov
Leonard Dach Caufield
Roy Beck Newhook

I would have targeted Badinka to get an RD in this year's draft with the 26th pick and might have traded for another early 2nd round pick and gotten Kleber or Brunnicke

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I wanted Michkov. They didn't. The fact they took Demidov this year just reinforces to me they must have had good reason not to take Michkov , and I like to think it doesn't have to do with him ever coming over. So Reinbacher it is.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I wanted Michkov, or Leonard, even Dvorsky.

What's done is done though, and I don't mind Reinbacher, so I hope he becomes the no3/Hamrlik type I think he can become for us.

Reactions: ReimanSum1908

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad