Who would you rather the Oilers play in round two?

Who would you rather the Oilers play in round two?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Nashville. A small part of me wants to play them because we have owned them for years, but mostly because the games in Nashville would have earlier start times, and my body isn't liking these games running until 11. I don't trust the NHL to put us on earlier if we are going against Vancouver.
I never thought about that. Although knowing the NHL they'll still put us at 8pm

Reactions: Seanaconda

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I never thought about that. Although knowing the NHL they'll still put us at 8pm
For home games they will I'm sure. But Nashville is an hour behind us, so an 8 pm start here is a 9 pm start there. It will likely depend a bit on who wins in the Dallas/Vegas series too. Dallas and Nashville are both Central Time, Colorado and Edmonton are both Mountain Time. But we know Vancouver is Pacific time, so if we get Vancouver, we're guaranteed the late game if we have games on the same night as the Colorado vs whoever series.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Tough for me to choose.

Nashville played well down the stretch, and I don’t think we’ve seen their best game yet in these playoffs.
If Nashville proceeds we would have home ice advantage.

Vancouver is playing their third string goalie at this point, but the flight to and from Vancouver is less than an hour, so that would be helpful going into the third round.

Reactions: brentashton

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Vancouver for me even if they were fully healthy. Take out the division champs, be the last Canadian team left in the playoffs(Toronto isn't getting past Boston) and shut up a cocky fan base after their team had one good year.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Cashville. I think they will be an easier matchup than LA. Vancouver for some reason poses difficulties to the Oilers, even though they objectively should not be able to.

Vancouver for me even if they were fully healthy. Take out the division champs, be the last Canadian team left in the playoffs(Toronto isn't getting past Boston) and shut up a cocky fan base after their team had one good year.
Cocky and shitty. lol

Yeah, me too. Plus, who needs revenge when we have "Lol, you lost in the first round after you were up 3 - 1" to those of that fanbase of the particularly annoying persuasion.
Them imploding against Nashville would be an epic humbling pie. That's 7uongo type of shit, which they no longer remember but we do!

Reactions: Oilhawks

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
I think Nashville is the easier matchup but I'd prefer Vancouver. Much more compelling series like oilers flames.

I think canucks are just happy to be in the playoffs and are very beatable. Kane and Perry will destroy Hughes.

I also don't mind starting on the road getting at least a split or even win 2 games and make the Canucks come to a real hockey city to play 2 games.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
In the end what matters to me, and I am sure all of us is that the Oilers win. It's not obvious to me which team would be easier in that regard if Demko is out so I'll go with Nashville only because of the earlier start times. Games ending after 1:00Am are hard on old bodies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Nashville. A small part of me wants to play them because we have owned them for years, but mostly because the games in Nashville would have earlier start times, and my body isn't liking these games running until 11. I don't trust the NHL to put us on earlier if we are going against Vancouver.
Yes this! Especially the start times. Screw PST

Reactions: stony and guymez

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I would really like them to play the canucks so they can beat their ass but at the same time I would be very satisfied if Nashville was able to come back from a 3-1 deficit and win the series. :D

The early start times in Nashville would be a nice change too.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
My first thought was Nashville, but I wonder if Vancouver might actually be better. We should beat either, and the reduced travel schedule against Vancouver would have us in better shape for the conference finals

Reactions: Canovin

Ad

Upcoming events

• Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,800.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Austria vs Norway
    Austria vs Norway
    Wagers: 3