Who Would You Rather Have Going Forward? Drai or Matthews

Who Would You Rather Have Going Forward?

• Neutral fan voting Drai

Votes: 109 41.6%
  • Neutral fan voting Matthews

Votes: 98 37.4%
  • Oilers fan voting Drai

Votes: 39 14.9%
  • Oilers fan voting Matthews

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Leafs fan voting Drai

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • Leafs fan voting Matthews

Votes: 19 7.3%

• Total voters

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
Matthews also gets treated like a #1 threat on the ice where as Draisiatl is usually an after thought with the focus on McDavid. Draisiatl does translate better for the playoffs but it would be intriguing to see Matthews with someone like McDavid beside him. Neither really control or dictate play when they are on the ice, that’s a huge disadvantage for Matthews.
I remember OV became a lot more dangerous when Oshie joined his line. Wish Matthews had a player that could sort of do all the little things needed to get matthews better looks instead of just a pure set up man like Marner.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Considering Matthews got destroyed by Tage Thompson in an HF poll, i don't see him performing very well in this one.

Reactions: The90

Joe n

Aug 12, 2019
Drai easy. Matthews is a one trick pony and dam good at it. Draisaitl is a multi trick horse.

Playoffs, passing, Strenght, IQ

easily Drai
one trick pony who has a Selke nomination 3 rockets. One might be better in the playoffs even though i'm pretty sure the Oilers haven't won a cup with him while the other actually knows where his own end of the rink is.

They both heavily rely on being set up, Draisaitl has better offensive skills. Matthews is better defensively. It really comes down to what skill set compliments your current roster.
Matthews makes plays out of nothing. He doesn't rely on anyone. He's scored 40 goals with scrubs.

• Haha
Reactions: Connor McConnor

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
one trick pony who has a Selke nomination 3 rockets. One might be better in the playoffs even though i'm pretty sure the Oilers haven't won a cup with him while the other actually knows where his own end of the rink is.

Matthews makes plays out of nothing. He doesn't rely on anyone. He's scored 40 goals with scrubs.
There is no "might" about it buddy, unless you are watching a different sport. There's a reason 10/27 Leaf fans voted Drai, they are sick of AM's no show in the Playoffs every year he's been in the League.

Congrats on the Selke nom and 3 rockets, the other guy has 3 top 3 finishes while also knowing what a pass looks like.

Joe n

Aug 12, 2019
They both heavily rely on being set up, Draisaitl has better offensive skills. Matthews is better defensively. It really comes down to what skill set compliments your current roster.
There is no "might" about it buddy, unless you are watching a different sport. There's a reason 10/27 Leaf fans voted Drai, they are sick of AM's no show in the Playoffs every year he's been in the League.

Congrats on the Selke nom and 3 rockets, the other guy has 3 top 3 finishes while also knowing what a pass looks like.
Yeah, because you don't know a well rounded player if it bit them in the ass.

Joe n

Aug 12, 2019

I must have missed Draisaitl's Rocket's or Con Smythe awards

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad