Who Wins The Conn Smythe Trophy?

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
McDavid with 38 points. That's the most by anyone not named Gretzky and Lemieux and he just broke the record for most assists of all time in a playoff year.

This is a historic run, he should win the Smythe, regardless of outcome.
Gretzky scored 15+25=40 points in '93 including 7 in the first four games of the finals, but disappeared in Game 5 and wasn't really an option ahead of Roy.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Barkov is stopping Mcdavid is a dumb narrative to try amd hurt Mcdavids legacy.

Barkov has ~ppg for the playoffs. Mcdavid is still dominating this series with 6 pts in 4ish games.

Mcdavid gets 1 more win amd thats orob 40 pt playoff run. He 100% deserves the smythe

Mcdavid is the only player whose shown up for the oilers this series
He had 4 points while the game had already been decided. In the other 3 games Barkov has dominated McDavid. Let's see when Barkov can match-up against him again in the next game.

Empty points by mcdavid in 3-1 series... empty points.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
He had 4 points while the game had already been decided. In the other 3 games Barkov has dominated McDavid. Let's see when Barkov can match-up against him again in the next game.

Empty points by mcdavid in 3-1 series... empty points.
Barkov was a playoff bum before tkachuk came and Bob bounced back

Playoff choker like Huberdeau

He has never willed the panthers to a series win in his career.

It is frankly insulting to the sport of hockey that after all the years of Toews overrating and being talked as being better than Crosby due to more team success

The same is occurring with a tier better player than Crosby

Barkov is a non top 10 player in the league. Great 1C but hes on a stacked team that has incredible depth players to support him.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Barkov was a playoff bum before tkachuk came and Bob bounced back

Playoff choker like Huberdeau

He has never willed the panthers to a series win in his career.

It is frankly insulting to the sport of hockey that after all the years of Toews overrating and being talked as being better than Crosby due to more team success

The same is occurring with a tier better player than Crosby

Barkov is a non top 10 player in the league. Great 1C but hes on a stacked team that has incredible depth players to support him.
oof. nice try.

Reactions: sanscosm

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Suppose we can scratch uncle Bob off the list..
It's now Barkovs!

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
Barkov back to being a +2 for this season's playoffs.

Absolute beast. How does it not go to Barkov?! The guy is shutting everybody down (excluding 2nd and 3rd and 4th liners).

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
draisaitl dropped like a rock in these discussions
Clearly gripping the stick. Missing the net on almost every single one timer it seems. His bread and butter has turned into his weak spot. If he's gained confidence from tonight it'll be a different story again.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
That’s cute. The guy now has the most points In a playoff series not named Gretzky or Lemieux. Maybe your opinion is coming from a more salty place.
I mean if Panthers win the next game and the cup. How much does McDavid's point in a 8-1 game matter? Especially when they have come when it was already over? You can celebrate those points but don't be surprised when no one else rate them.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
The only argument Bob had was insane final series and now that's gone i don't see any way he can win it. Sorry.

He might. Votes are from media. I don't think he should win, but he very well might. A lot depends on the next game. If he puts on a clinic and shut Oilers down, he probably will win CS. And he's not a bad choise either. I prefer Barkov, but Bobrovsky has been a difference maker too.

If Oilers manage to score few on Bob and Barkov plays great, it might go to Barkov.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Not a nice try you are just sticking to the lazy delusional narrative

Players like barkov are only ever mentioned when they are winning on stacked teams

Cant lead an average team anywhere

He has literally been the difference between 10k and full house in the last 5 years in FL. He's the constant that filled that arena. Because winning brings people and he wins.

Huberdeau was considered "elite " when with Sasha. How's he now? (In a couple of years this will be asked of Verhaeghe and Reinhart, if they are not playing with Barkov)

That Anthony Duclair?

This is why Sasha has been and continues to be underrated. Idiots will never recognize when and how he beats them. They can't give him kudos for it.

McDavid does damage against other players. He doesn't win a matchup against Barkov.

Last edited:

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
After this game, it feels like there isn't really a strong front-runner.

If Bobrovsky had gotten a shutout or held EDM to one goal tonight, I think he would have won it. Giving up five goals in less than half a game isn't a good look, but he was great in the first two games and two periods of Game Three.

Game five may determine the SC winner. If Barkov has a dominant performance, I can see him getting the award.

If McDavid continues to pile up points and the series goes Seven, then I think he might win the Smythe even in a losing cause.

Reactions: Macheteops

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
If Florida wins next game and he plays lights out I think it's still his, but if this series goes 6+ games then Barkov would be my choice for the cats.

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
I mean if Panthers win the next game and the cup. How much does McDavid's point in a 8-1 game matter? Especially when they have come when it was already over? You can celebrate those points but don't be surprised when no one else rate them.
It won’t change his effort and having the most points in the playoffs not named Gretzky and Lemieux. Not saying they are in a better place than before, but this idea that he hasn’t “dominated” when it “matters” is silly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2for1PizzaPastuh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad