Who Wins The Conn Smythe Trophy?

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Did you guys just see that save? STUART SKINNER for Smythe

You're entitled to your subjective opinion.

I'm not even a Bobrovsky fan. I just think it's such a team effort, and Barkov's defensive greatness is getting a little embellished now (it's hfboards. That's how it goes). Florida didn't really do anything to the Rangers that the Canes didn't. The difference was Bobrovsky > Andersen. Florida didn't win that series because Barkov > Aho (even though he is).

I love it when the discussion is about who controls the ice more, Barkov or Aho. Because that's something everyone in the 4 nation tournament should worry about. Because that's what they'll have to deal with lmao

Mcdonaldz

Jul 26, 2021
I saw an article “Barkov or Bob for Conn Smythe ?”

Probably sealed the deal tonight.

(If FLA wins of course)

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Did you guys just see that save? STUART SKINNER for Smythe

I love it when the discussion is about who controls the ice more, Barkov or Aho. Because that's something everyone in the 4 nation tournament should worry about. Because that's what they'll have to deal with lmao
It will definitely be a sweet 1-2 punch.

Edit: but I don't think I'm wrong. You swap aho and barkov and Florida still beats Rangers. You swap Bob and Andersen and Rangers win all the 1 goal games (and maybe game 1).

Edit 2: I'm also well aware of all the douchey shots you're trying to take at me based on assumptions. But I'm being the bigger poster and not stooping to your level (until this edit. ;) )

Edit 3: barkov is now pointless in over half his playoff games. You can 'shut down' stars all you want, but if you're the teams best player and number 1 center and you're not putting up points yourself, it's kind of a wash, isn't it?

Last edited:

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
It will definitely be a sweet 1-2 punch.

Edit: but I don't think I'm wrong. You swap aho and barkov and Florida still beats Rangers. You swap Bob and Andersen and Rangers win all the 1 goal games (and maybe game 1).

Edit 2: I'm also well aware of all the douchey shots you're trying to take at me based on assumptions. But I'm being the bigger poster and not stooping to your level (until this edit. ;) )

Sorry I meant no jabs

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
He'll still get it if the Panthers win game 5, even if he looks human. If he looks human but the Oilers push to 6 or 7 I could see McDavid getting it, win or lose.

Reactions: gab6511 and Satire

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
All good then. I assumed the 'just started watching' and then the skinner comment was aimed at me like I haven't been watching playoffs day in and day out (more or less) for 30 years now.

No no, not at all. I have no clue how much you have watched. Not questioning that

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
It's Bob I think by a good margin right now, unless he magically falls apart and has a couple of bad games.

I think I'm going to change my pick to Barkov for the Panthers after that game.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
He got shit on tonight by Oilers.

Ran out of the building.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Tbh this is mcdavids 2nd best playoff run

2022 he had 33 pts in 16 games

That should have been the best playoff run ever by a player. Oilers choked hard in the WCF.

He is the only player ever who could have won the conm smythe having no WCF wins in the playoffs. That 2022 run he just dominated teams like they were AHL defenses including the avs who swept the oilers

Mcdavid should 100% get the smythe now. If he wins the cup he has locked #2 spot as playoff player ever.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
McDavid with 38 points. That's the most by anyone not named Gretzky and Lemieux and he just broke the record for most assists of all time in a playoff year.

This is a historic run, he should win the Smythe, regardless of outcome.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Barkov is stopping Mcdavid is a dumb narrative to try amd hurt Mcdavids legacy.

Barkov has ~ppg for the playoffs. Mcdavid is still dominating this series with 6 pts in 4ish games.

Mcdavid gets 1 more win amd thats orob 40 pt playoff run. He 100% deserves the smythe

Mcdavid is the only player whose shown up for the oilers this series

Nobody is trying to hurt McDavid legacy by acknowledging Barkov beating him. McDavid can and should take that as an opportunity to learn and become better at 200 ft play than Barkov. McDavid wants the cup. Learning from the best who beat you is how you become better than them.

This isn't his year, but he will come back much better

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Nobody is trying to hurt McDavid legacy by acknowledging Barkov beating him. McDavid can and should take that as an opportunity to learn and become better at 200 ft play than Barkov. McDavid wants the cup. Learning from the best who beat you is how you become better than them.

This isn't his year, but he will come back much better
Mcdavid has outplayed barkov

Panthers with mcdavid complete the sweep and barkov has the narrative of continuing to be a platoff failure if hes on the oilers (that is imagining the oilers win R2 or R3 with barkov instead if mcdavid which isnt happening)

Barkov isnt a guy that can teach mcdavid anything that will help him win with the oilers having brown, campbell and nurse dead caps

Mcdavid needs to learn how to rid the oilers of these negative players

Barkov is getting the Toews, Bergeron, Datsyuk overrating

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Do people ever stop overreacting to a single game?

And do you think Barkov was amazing in this game?
Agreed. Bob is a huge reason why they won game 1 and 3. Barkov has been huge in all 3 Panthers wins. All that matters is getting to 4. Both players have been stand-outs this series.
McDavid with 38 points. That's the most by anyone not named Gretzky and Lemieux and he just broke the record for most assists of all time in a playoff year.

I'm an Oilers fan and don't think this. McDavid is the best player on the planet... But unless the can somehow manage to get to game 7, I don't think he has any business sniffing the MVP trophy.

Reactions: Macheteops

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me

No way.

Nobody on the opposition should win a CS in a 6 game or less series imo.

If it goes 7, they lose, and he has a whack more points, maybe.

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
Mcdavid has outplayed barkov

Panthers with mcdavid complete the sweep and barkov has the narrative of continuing to be a platoff failure if hes on the oilers (that is imagining the oilers win R2 or R3 with barkov instead if mcdavid which isnt happening)

Barkov isnt a guy that can teach mcdavid anything that will help him win with the oilers having brown, campbell and nurse dead caps

Mcdavid needs to learn how to rid the oilers of these negative players

Barkov is getting the Toews, Bergeron, Datsyuk overrating
mcdavid needs to take over as GM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad