Who WILL the Sabres Draft at #11 on Friday? (Now it's #14)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who WILL the Sabres Draft at #11 on Friday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Trade timing is weird. I don't get the need to trade down before knowing who is on the board. Makes me think they like someone in the top 15 and also want a 2nd to move in a separate deal. Two 2nds for Jochen Hecht would be mighty good right now.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
This feel like Nygard to me as well. I preferred Catton (if he fell) or Helenius. Guess they're done drafting short kings.
I wanted Catton but no way even his extended range gets him to #14. I’m hoping Kevyn had intel that he wouldn’t be available at #11 anyway, in that circumstance I can live with accepting whichever other player in the top 14 ends up being the pick. And getting an extra 2nd out of SJ.

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
Going to be absolutely hilarious when the defenseman they want and expected to fall to #14 gets taken by SJ at #11.
They don’t care who SJ picks they are just picking the best player on their board if they keep this pick. They just got a free good draft player or good trade player for giving up nothing in actual
Value ( go look at any legit draft review for this year and 7-15 are all considered equal value and could go in any order)

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Time for Chernyshov

giphy.gif

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Going to be absolutely hilarious when the defenseman they want and expected to fall to #14 gets taken by SJ at #11.
You don’t make this trade if you were targeting one of those 6 D. One was guaranteed to be there at 11. Not true at 14. Someone could be….but you had certainty at 11. You trade it knowing that. So it wasn’t the big plan

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
I'm all for it.

I hadn't given much thought to Chernyshov or MBN in the last several months, simply because I knew there would be better options. But I'm on board for either.
I had him in the group after Helenius so outside that top 11ish. I like him as he's comparable to Tarasenko, good size, solid build, will take and deliver hits to make plays, and oozes skill

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad