Speculation: Who will be the next star player traded?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
There's not a lot intrigue with the 2025 class. Given Toronto's competitive position, Marner probably walks if he doesn't re-sign. Same thing with Rantanen. The media will have fun with Crosby, but that's a gigantic question mark in reality.

The 2026 class could be fun. Kaprizov and Connor stand out. Players on teams stuck in the mid (1 playoff series win combined this decade).

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
So Zegras has star potential… I think this should be someone with more bonafides. I know we debate star, superstar etc a lot. But if there is a reclamation aspect that hits different than a “star” trade. Like this should be more shocking than someone we have trade speculation on for months in most cases in my opinion.

I will throw out Werenski, I think he brings back assets CBJ needs. I guess we will see, this is always hard to predict. True trading of a star is losing someone people around here think is untouchable in most cases.

hockeyguy0022

Feb 20, 2016
Zebras to Calgary is a good spot. Minimal contract left, can see if he develops, have the money for long term If wanted, if not can flip for a pick. basically 0 risk, all upside.

Recipe Unlimited

Sep 1, 2019
There's not a lot intrigue with the 2025 class. Given Toronto's competitive position, Marner probably walks if he doesn't re-sign. Same thing with Rantanen. The media will have fun with Crosby, but that's a gigantic question mark in reality.

The 2026 class could be fun. Kaprizov and Connor stand out. Players on teams stuck in the mid (1 playoff series win combined this decade).
Is there a player in the NHL that won't walk if they don't re-sign?

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
The Ducks don't exist to me. Why is Zegras poison?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad