Who wants out?

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
I thought this question was going to pertain to the fans.

I was going to say "I've got one foot out the door already." I just watch the highlights now, and sometimes not even those. **** this team.

Ah... I see you have a "me" option, very nice.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I would strongly say that the only answer is Yakupov, and that all those other names are hoping very much not to be traded.

and of course the 'me' one is an easy one. I'm never leaving

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
this is a flawed poll. sorry to criticize but it is. should be permitted to select more than one option.

I would say realistically there's a minimum of 2 players on that list who would probably not be upset (to put it lightly) if traded.

Reality is this team sucks, and new arena or not, you're still 300kms from Calgary, and 1000's of km's away from anywhere else interesting or relevant.

Still a small city for the players, still been a *more than usual* depressing place to be if you're not winning.

Last edited:

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
I thought this question was going to pertain to the fans.

I was going to say "I've got one foot out the door already." I just watch the highlights now, and sometimes not even those. **** this team.

Ah... I see you have a "me" option, very nice.

I think a few fans will check out this year. Would not consider it a success in any manner even considering the injuries.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Please trade me so I can lose my attachment to this team, its the only way I can get out. I promise I'll sign back as a UFA when (if) the teams competitive, just put me out of my misery until then.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Yak loves Edmonton but there has to be frustration on his part. I could also see Hall and Ebs wanting to move on after year after year of hearing the same questions and being labeled losers. Maybe I'm wrong and reading it all wrong but that's my take.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
I think Eberle and Yak go - Yak because he's not able to make it click here, Eberle because I saw him score live...and every Oiler I've seen score live has ended up getting traded. :laugh:

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Hall and Ebs - have wasted a 3rd of their careers on this team, with no promise of Playoffs imminent. I know they say they want to be part of the solution but when do they say enough is enough. Especially Hall who gets such little respect from a large portion of our fan base.

Yak - Like another poster said, loves the city but it's not just gonna work out here. He probably sees that.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Yak is likely the player who wants a fresh start the most.

Hall is the player I want traded the most, followed by Eberle.

Fat Balloon

Jan 20, 2010
In your opinion who wants to be traded the most?

The players likely have feelings similar to the fans. If youve been here as long as all or RNH and nothng has gotten better, then being to moved to a better run organization is a thought that must enter your mind. Im guessing the longer youve been on the team, the more you might want out because you see the futility. McDavid is likely still optimistic because he hasnt been broken yet. If you are Hall, youve been through coaching and management changes, have seen multiple high picks come on to the team, McSaviour come join the team, and yet you still havent had a sniff of the playoffs and have had meaningless games a few months into the season. Why would he or anyone else, players or fans, expect that next year is gonna be different?

cbzblaze

Nov 26, 2015
Calgary
Yak is likely the player who wants a fresh start the most.

Hall is the player I want traded the most, followed by Eberle.

I totally agree with you. For all the negativity about yaks defensive game, Hall & Eberle are just as bad in their own end.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Considering the media was talking about how Yakupov loves Edmonton, but would welcome a trade to a new team around the deadline, the answer is pretty clearly Yakupov.

That's pretty much politically correct code in hockey circles for "player has demanded a trade to an organization that doesn't think he's dog-sh**"

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
You've gotta think that deep down most of them do. The team has sucked for many years and will most likely have another few years before they are a playoff team. McDavid, Nurse and Drai haven't been broken like the older guys so maybe not them.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Out of Hall, Hopkins, Eberle and Yakupov if anyone of them want out even the slightest trade them. Get the poison out of here.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
One of the media talking heads had already alluded to this at the TDL, but Yakupov would not mind a change in scenery. If you heard his pre-game interview from yesterday... ehh... I used to be a big supporter of this guy -- but he remains stubborn in his belief that he doesn't need to adjust his game, even now. I just can't see him turning it around here, and though you keep hearing that Chiarelli is unwilling to just give him away, I suspect he will be gone by training camp.

Eberle is my bet to go, because of the return he could net (that top 2-3 RHD) and frankly because the dimension of the top 6 needs to change. Something continues to be off about the composition, in spite of Maroon's addition (Kassian has not played enough in the top 6, and I wonder if he will be signed).

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I'm surprised a guy like Hall hasn't asked to be moved at this point. Hes gone through how many different coaches since hes been drafted? How can you improve when you keep learning new systems on a yearly basis.

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
I voted Yak but I would let him play with McDavid next season. I would let McDavid play the rest of the season between Eberle and Hall and trade Eberle for Hammonic at the draft table. I want to move both Eberle and Yakopov.

I would keep Hall, RNH, Draisalt and McDavid. If you add to this group one of the following: Laine, Puljujärvi, Tkatchuc. And then use Pouliot, Maroon and even Kassian to complete them we have pretty nice top6/top9 for years to come.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad