Who to pick at number 18 #1

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
We got 10 days to go before the draft, and unless a trade happens sooner than anticipated not much to discuss (barring awards and RFA signings). I figured it would be interesting to have a poll series of how the board would rank prospects who may be available at 18. Most likely a hand full of these guys will be available so this poll thread would give us an idea on how the board would rank them, and who we would pick if it were up to us (thankfully it isn't). I got the list from Silver Seven Sens draft article which based on various prospect ranking lists.

Although I don't think he will be available he was on the list so I voted for Konecny.

Last edited:

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I hate picking at 18. We should trade down but.... i go with konecny. Ek Eriksson is someone who's grown on me but he cant skate well from the limited smaple size ive seen. Zibby is a comparable ive seen Reginkarlssonlehner make and i have to agree.. EK seems to lack hockey sense too and is kinda a bit of a project

Last edited:

Dingleberry1548

Nov 28, 2013
Love Konecny doubt he'll be there though, if not would love to see BM break old habits and take a russian at 18th aka Svechnikov or Guryanov

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Konecny. Not only is he a hometown boy (67s), but he is the best available player in that list. Kid has mad skills. Hope we land him.

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
I have a huge soft spot for Oliver Kylington. I've seen mocks that have him anywhere from our range to to the second round. I'd be happy with him in either round.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
My order of preference:

1. Konecny (doubt he's available)
2. Svechnikov
3. Zboril
4. Juulsen
5. Boeser

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
zboril, but he'll probably be gone.
konecny next

if they're both gone, i'll be sad.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Wow, this board's in love with Svechnikov. In the lead with 15, #2 has 4 votes at this time. The general impression I have, and I know little about these prospects, is that he may not be the best on this list, but he's the best who's likely to be available when we pick.

Again, I don't know much first hand about any of these guys, but I do believe we should be swinging for the fences rather than taking a safe pick. We've got safe guys, we don't have top tier game breakers. From what I've heard about Svechnikov he could be that guy.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
The team will be picking Konecny so that Melnyk doesn't have to take a loss on all those #17 Legwand jerseys the Senators store has in stock.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Wow, this board's in love with Svechnikov. In the lead with 15, #2 has 4 votes at this time. The general impression I have, and I know little about these prospects, is that he may not be the best on this list, but he's the best who's likely to be available when we pick.

Again, I don't know much first hand about any of these guys, but I do believe we should be swinging for the fences rather than taking a safe pick. We've got safe guys, we don't have top tier game breakers. From what I've heard about Svechnikov he could be that guy.

Konecny has 15.

SENSational Sens Fan

Mar 21, 2010
Calgary
Would love to see us swing another draft floor deal a la Karlsson by trading up to 15 and nabbing Konecny. It worked out quite well 7 years ago, so why not do it again this year? :D

Oil For The Boys

Jan 7, 2013
My top 5 in order:

1.) Merkley
2.) Konecny
3.) Svechnikov
4.) J Roy
5.) DeBrusk

Also have a gut feeling that Barzal might be available with our pick. (Fowler in 2010)

The Jangle Meister*

how come Konecny had no improvement offensively from last year to this year? does someone have the answers

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad