NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
images.jpg

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
This 26 yo career minor leaguer comes up and instantly looks like Cam Neely reborn? Damn! I like his game. 6'5" with good offensive numbers in Jr......and not even drafted? What gives?
His offensive numbers were not good when he was first eligible to be drafted. They were only good when he played as an over-ager. He was listed 206th on central scouting's final 2017 North American skater rankings and 142nd in 2018.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Big boi with nice hands and good speed once he gets going. He's a little slow at excelleraring.

Was really surprised he only got a two-way AHL deal out of Junior. That was with the Leafs and they didn't seem to see anything with him and allowed him to go.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
We've been curious of Brazeau since he started turning a corner down in Providence but I don't think we were really prepared for how solid his game was right out of the box in his first game with Boston. Personally, I was expecting a slow 4th liner with decent hands but he's a lot faster than I thought, uses his body really well, has fantastic hands, and his hockey IQ is high. He just seems to be in the right position and at the right time. I think more time needs to go by to see if he's a legit late bloomer or if he's just riding a heater but he seems to have that " it " quality.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Laughed when the Bruins brought him in. Expected a total non-factor. He has stood out in more games than he's disappeared, and for a bottom 6 player that's quite nice to have. It's been great to have a winger that knows what his game is and doesn't stray from it whatsoever. No frills to this guy. Straight line, hard nosed, all gas.

Last edited:

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Even Game 7 against Toronto, I remember he almost scored a highlight reel goal.

Surprised he is 26. I though he was an up and coming prospect with the way he played.

Edit: he played in the ECHL 2 years, damn.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Great story. Another Leafs L.

I actually can't believe how many fantastic players have gone through the Leafs system and have blossomed elsewhere. Guys that would fix their problems, too.

Forget Rask. If the Leafs didn't sign Tavares, and instead kept Verhaeghe, Marchment, Kadri and Hyman around? Plus Brazeau?

Cap wise - Tavares covers Kadri + Hyman with some change. Verhaeghe instead of Bertuzzi covers that. Crazy.

Verhaeghe-Matthews-Nylander
Marner-Kadri-Hyman
Brazeau-Jarnkrok-Marchment

Hell of a forward corps. They would have flattened Boston. It'd be sad if it wasn't so funny how often this keeps happening.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
His touch is shockingly good. So his is play along the boards. Not easy winning a 50-50 with him up against there. Dude is built like a truck.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad