Value of: Who stays and who goes in Vancouver this summer?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
IMO they should try to retain Joshua and Zadorov IF the latter accepts a reasonable deal.

Lindholm is good, but honestly I feel like the Canucks could get an equally effective forward for cheaper.

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
You'll see. He's going to still get 8+ per year. He does everything a playoff team wants. Wins draws, kills penalties, right shot, good in matchups. He'll get paid.
I mean if someone is willing to pay a player based of a small sample size of less than ten games and ignore the fast he's been an average 3rd line center the last two years, then LOL on them.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I mean if someone is willing to pay a player based of a small sample size of less than ten games and ignore the fast he's been an average 3rd line center the last two years, then LOL on them.
This is pretty much hyperbole. 20+ goals and 65 points last season. He's elite in the faceoff circle and an elite penalty killer. He's a very good defensive player. In what universe is that a third line center? That's better production than Brady Tkachuk has averaged over his career and Lindholm is light years better defensively. Is he a third line winger?

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
This is pretty much hyperbole. 20+ goals and 65 points last season. He's elite in the faceoff circle and an elite penalty killer. He's a very good defensive player. In what universe is that a third line center? That's better production than Brady Tkachuk has averaged over his career and Lindholm is light years better defensively. Is he a third line winger?

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
He's actually been very bad defensively the last 2 years other than these play offs, he's going to be on the wrong side of 30 very soon, so you're going to be paying 8 million for a declining player, based on the fact that he had a good play offs, you're basing what he is going to be paid based on what he use to be and not what he is now, which is a 3rd line center on the decline.

• Haha
Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
He's actually been very bad defensively the last 2 years other than these play offs, he's going to be on the wrong side of 30 very soon, so you're going to be paying 8 million for a declining player, based on the fact that he had a good play offs, you're basing what he is going to be paid based on what he use to be and not what he is now, which is a 3rd line center on the decline.
No he hasn't been bad defensively. He's played a lot with Huberdeau. Huberdeau was the first player ever who made Backlund and Coleman look bad defensively. Backlund is a top 3 defensive C in the league and Coleman is a top 10 defensive winger.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
What moves do you think Vancouver makes this summer?

I think they will try to re-sign both Lindholm and Zadorov. Joshua and Garland should stay but don't think they can afford Joshua. Get a winger for Pettersson. Make Silovs the backup and let go of Desmith. Keep one of Myers or Hronek but not both.
Lindholm and a winger Guentzal? Should be the top priority.
They have to move on from Mikheyev and if they do they will have 28 million in cap.

I played around on cap friendly and it's possible to get them both, Tanev and Myers along with around 700k left after RFA signings obviously this scenario would require an injection of youth. Lekkerimakki imo would be better served learning the defensive side with the big club, opposed to the less structured AHL.
Raty was already good enough defensively and took huge steps last year offensively.
As much as I like Zadorov, 6 million for a guy that's used as a #5 is too much and Joshua in my eyes was more a product of Garland and will want Garland money and I personally would stay away. I think if Podz gets regular minutes he will find himself in the top 9.

Suter- JT Boeser
Guentzal - EP - Lekkerimakki
Hoglander - Lindholm - Garland
Podz. - Raty - Karlson
Aman.

Hughes - Tanev
Soucy - Hronek
Brisbouis - Myers
Jullsen.

Demko - Silovs

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
I suspect Friedman will be back on a two year, minimum salary deal. I think the team really likes him as a 7th or 8th defenceman and there really aren't many kids from Abbotsford breaking down the door.

Reactions: wetcoast

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Hronek is hard to handicap, if he's willing to sign for 7 or 8 years at 7 I think they get it done but I wouldn't go any higher than that. Outside of him I'd say the priorities are in order

Zadorov
Lindholm
Joshua
Blueger
Myers

And everyone else will be gone. Problem is, those top 3 names will almost certainly get better offers than the Canucks will give in UFA. OEL buyout also balloons to 4.8 ish after this season so they have to be cautious with term over the next couple years

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
I'm curious to see how much Silovs asks for. Doesn't really have that much leverage as an RFA, but I could see his camp asking for at least $3M a season coming off his exceptional playoff run.

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
At the end of season press conference, it sounded like Tyler Myers & Nikita Zadorov are eager to work something out & re-sign. Dakota Joshua & Ian Cole both said they'd like to come back, but not w/ the same conviction as Myers & Z. Elias Lindholm was non-committal & played it close to the vest. Filip Hronek was unhappy that it was pointed out that his second half of the season wasn't as good as the first half; he knows he's a RFA & a 1-year deal is a real possibility.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
He's barely a top 6 center at this point, hes not getting 8 million who ever pays that will regret it

He's still very likely to get it, regardless of if it's a good deal or not.

If Hayes was able to get 7+ millions in 2019, someone may give Lindholm 8m in 2024.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I'd probably do Mikheyev and a 2nd for future considerations but not a 3rd.

Yeah, that's fair, honestly the cap hit is high but the buyout isn't that bad. The Canucks could also take back a buriable contract to make actual numbers work.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I'd probably do Mikheyev and a 2nd for future considerations but not a 3rd.
I don't want this to be mistaken for me to trying to gas up Mikheyev as a guy with any actual value, and I wouldn't trade for him unless I got at least a 2nd from VAN...

... but I do think Mikheyev poses a better case than a lot of other guys in salary dumps like Beauvillier, who I have no idea why Chicago took for free. He's still good defensively, and there's the chance that another 3-4 months of rest/rehab on the knee gets the pace back into his game.

He was very high in the league in ES goals before he ran into the 1 goal in 60 games stretch to finish the year, but that's when his skating was the most laboured? He was also good the previous year before he was shut down, even with his skating looking bad. Obvious limitations with this player, but I think for a rebuilding team, it's worthwhile to consider

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't want this to be mistaken for me to trying to gas up Mikheyev as a guy with any actual value, and I wouldn't trade for him unless I got at least a 2nd from VAN...

... but I do think Mikheyev poses a better case than a lot of other guys in salary dumps like Beauvillier, who I have no idea why Chicago took for free. He's still good defensively, and there's the chance that another 3-4 months of rest/rehab on the knee gets the pace back into his game.

He was very high in the league in ES goals before he ran into the 1 goal in 60 games stretch to finish the year, but that's when his skating was the most laboured? He was also good the previous year before he was shut down, even with his skating looking bad. Obvious limitations with this player, but I think for a rebuilding team, it's worthwhile to consider
I'd probably take Mikheyev with a 3rd if the Canucks were willing to take back someone like Benning or Burroughs.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
IMO they should try to retain Joshua and Zadorov IF the latter accepts a reasonable deal.
Zadorov is probably the more important signing for the Canucks.

Lindholm is good, but honestly I feel like the Canucks could get an equally effective forward for cheaper.
Really like which forwards exactly?

He is 35th in ESP among all centers in the last 3 years that pretty good for an average 3rd line center eh?

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad