• Linus Ullmark

Votes: 25 30.5%
  • Jeremy Swayman

Votes: 57 69.5%

• Total voters

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Goaltending is not the issue, we are over thinking this.
Play either one.
We need to score at least 3 goals to have a chance to win, if not can't see us winning.
Coyle/Zacha/Pasty are all overdue to have a good offensive game.
My biggest concern is Carlo. Is he okay to play?
We need to get Shattenkirk back in the lineup as well.

Reactions: Dr Quincy

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Does anyone think Monty has played the wrong goalie in any game in this series so far?
That is not the issue, no matter what side you were on goalie rotation, or riding the hot goaltender, Monty made a decision for rotation, then changed when neither player gave reason for him to do so.................Now Monty has created a distraction, along with his line up moves, sorry Monty took it out of the players hands two years in a row............

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
That is not the issue, no matter what side you were on goalie rotation, or riding the hot goaltender, Monty made a decision for rotation, then changed when neither player gave reason for him to do so.................Now Monty has created a distraction, along with his line up moves, sorry Monty took it out of the players hands two years in a row............
I'd argue that Swayman absolutely gave him reason to go from rotation to hot goalie... by being the hot goalie. Ullmark was fine in game 2, but Swayman was excellent in 1-3. That was reason enough to switch tactics, and nothing that has happened in games 4 or 5 have changed that.

If he were to go with Ullmark tonight, I'd be the first to criticize him.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Does anyone think Monty has played the wrong goalie in any game in this series so far?
No, he's actually done it exactly right, and I think any criticism of his handling of goalies is one of 2 things:

1) Just PTSD from last year
2) Entirely reactionary based on the score.

The complaint last year was "You alternated goalies all year, why switch now for the playoffs and just ride Ullmark."

This year he alternates them in games 1 and 2 (answering the critics) who now all change their tune (because the B"s lost game 2) to "How can you take out Sway who was great in game 1, and dominated TOR all year."

To me, he gave both guys 1 game, so the layout of the landscape... Ullmark was good, but Swayman has a little something more... and went with the hot goalie in game 4. Sway was good again, so why change (something his critics complain about) so he didn't, gave him the next game too.

The only move you can possibly question at all is tonight's starter, because it's an actual decision.

Dupell6

Jul 5, 2013
Shouldve started ulmark tuesday...how do you now play a game who hasnt play since 4/22...at this point swayman gets the rest

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Nonsense.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Shouldve started ulmark tuesday...how do you now play a game who hasnt play since 4/22...at this point swayman gets the rest
Montgomery takes out bottom pairing D Shattenkirk, who sucked in game 4 , and puts in bottom pairing Gryz, and a large contingent think that's a fireable offense because the team won game 4 and there's zero reason to tinker with the lineup.

But now it's "He should've taken out the goalie who has owned the Leafs completely this year and who has been the best goalie in the playoffs, and play the other guy instead, for no real reason except it gives Ullmark another game".

I'm thinking had he done that the reaction here would not be a completely supportive one.

Dupell6

Jul 5, 2013
Montgomery takes out bottom pairing D Shattenkirk, who sucked in game 4 , and puts in bottom pairing Gryz, and a large contingent think that's a fireable offense because the team won game 4 and there's zero reason to tinker with the lineup.

But now it's "He should've taken out the goalie who has owned the Leafs completely this year and who has been the best goalie in the playoffs, and play the other guy instead, for no real reason except it gives Ullmark another game".

I'm thinking had he done that the reaction here would not be a completely supportive one.
I get it but have a little foresight

Starting ulmark game 4 up 3-1 gives him a game and gives swayman rest (doesn't look like hes needed it yet) worst case he loses we are in the same spot today and swayman is more rested for game 7 also now hes played in the last 2 weeks in case you needed him game 7 or in the next round. Best case he won or played well and now hes not on 14 days rest and ready to go game 7 (if swayman had a bad game, he didnt) or next series.

You cant play ulmark now but if swayman had a bad game in game 5 or game 6 youd still have to go back to him. How do you play ulmark on this much rest now. Even next series if we do advance how do you play him after 3 weeks on the bench

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: