Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Hawks really do dictate this entire draft. If they pick Demidov, Anaheim is 100% taking Levshunov then guys will start to fall to teams laps. If they pick Levshunov, then the draft gets interesting cuz Anaheim isn't likely to take a forward (maybe they go Silayev, Buium or Yakemchuk?). Then who knows where Demidov and others go at.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
I’d be surprised if he’s 6’1. Has always looked 6’ flat to me, unless he’s grown since MHL playoffs

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
That is why I find it hilarious about this Russian factor with Demidov, yet teams love Silayev. Demidov has the agent that gets guys to NA, not Silayev. Millstein doesn't give af.

Obviously you have the KHL data for Silayev so that is helpful, but if anything, Demidov is the safer one when it comes to contracts.

Reactions: Muffinalt

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Wow 6’1. Can’t argue that. He speaks English. He’s been hanging here since June 1st and the EP report says he’ll be ready to skate in his NHL orgs development camp…

I’m dumb. Why can’t he just… stay here? Defect? Like he’s hanging in Florida. Could go to OHL or AHL or whatever instead of being docked around by SKA? What am I missing.
People have families and loved ones and Russia is an insanely corrupt and dangerous place?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
That is why I find it hilarious about this Russian factor with Demidov, yet teams love Silayev. Demidov has the agent that gets guys to NA, not Silayev. Millstein doesn't give af.

Obviously you have the KHL data for Silayev so that is helpful, but if anything, Demidov is the safer one when it comes to contracts.
Silayev is coming over.

Larionov has even encouraged him to leave as soon as he can. He knows what's best for him.

They're both safe, in terms of willingness to come over.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I think people thought he was 5'10 or something
I was under the impression that he could measure in at 5'10". That would be a bit of an issue with Bedard Kantserov Moore and Nazar already top 6 options in the fold. Im not sure 6' or 6'1" changes anything but it helps.

Reactions: TheDachKnight

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I was under the impression that he could measure in at 5'10". That would be a bit of an issue with Bedard Kantserov Moore and Nazar already top 6 options in the fold. Im not sure 6' or 6'1" changes anything but it helps.
But the height means nothing. It's about physicality and style of play difference that would matter

Reactions: Muffinalt

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
But the height means nothing. It's about physicality and style of play difference that would matter
Thats not totally true but I understand the sentiment. Id rather the taller, longer reach, heavier player if everything equal.

Last edited:

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
6'1"?

Reports of his smurf status have been greatly exaggerated.

I can get behind that. Remedies most of my concerns with Demi.
Everywhere I look he is listed at 5'10" or 5'11"..... past experience tells me he is maybe 5'10" if he stretches before being measured. :) .... but TBH, I think too much emphasis is put on height.

Of course it is nice if a player is 6' or taller but weight and how a player uses the body is a bigger factor than height in my view. I haven't seen the kid play so I can't comment on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad